Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Haters

Primal Haters

Shop Now
    I am posting this because I want to know if anyone else has noticed a drastic difference in the way people react and treat you.(friends and family) I try to be open and honest with everyone about everything. I dont know if there is a correlation between a bad diet and insecurity but it seems like people (mostly guys, girls dig me for some reason?) are just down on me. I am not perfect and I do not plan on trying to be perfect but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean.... Bob Marley. Now, one of my best friends in the world who is a big shot executive at a big Los Angeles based company who hikes the canyons and does the beach scene, and is big into yoga and lifting, has flipped out on me for no reason. WE HAVE ENDED OUR FACEBOOK FRIENDSHIP, GUESS WHY, THIS GETS GOOD. He sends me a message to the tune of ..... dude, i hate to break it to you, but there is tons of research regarding diet and cancer prevention... and then he post a link... well thats cool, I look at the link which caused a major change in the way I look at things because it appeared to be for real... the sodium nitrate deal from Hawaii.... I get it. I thank him in a post reply from the bottum of my heart, because we are talking the quality of my life, and he then sends me back a post, Man tons of people are worried you have lost your mind and I mean lots of people... I was reading this after returning home from carrying a 30 pound rock down 3 miles of coastline over jetties, mixin in some exercise... Man I hope they dont waste too much time worried about me. I dont know why it seems so easy for me to live this way, but others just dont like it.... guess what I have found that if somone tries to bring you down with negative juice, just ignore them, stay away it works wonders...

I just don't believe any relatively normal way of eating/living guarantees either good or bad health for a particular individual. Even if you live PERFECTLY, you might die of cancer. Even if you live dramatically imperfectly, you might live to a ripe old age.

Your friend overestimates the theoretically increased risks of what he thinks you should start or stop. You likely overestimate the protection of primal (as do I). Sounds like you're doing the right thing in the circumstances--leaving each other alone to your own choices. You'll only know at the pearly gates who "won" in terms of longevity
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Your long term good health will speak louder to them than anything you can say.

I can only say that most of the time the way someone reacts to something (such as you going Primal) has almost nothing to do with you, probably very little to do with Primal, and almost all to do with themselves.

Especially when people have such strong reactions to things-- it's usually their own stuff their reacting to, in one way or another.

Enjoy yourself!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

We are on the fringe of the dietary world.... for now. It's just something you have to accept. The more exposure and good stories come out of Primal living, the less this will happen. I know the word is getting out to major outlets, and a lot of misguided folks are getting a clue. I don't have any bets on a Time magazine cover anytime soon, though. It's best to not be evangelical to anyone who looks at you funny, and just keep buying smaller clothes.

I lost only one FB friend, in the very beginning.
    I had posted a photo of some food I made, with three eggs in it.
    Friend's only comment was, "Lipitor!".
    I thanked him for his concern, and sent him a link to MDA..."I know it might seem weird, but..."
    BAM. I was de-friended
    Ahhhh....sigh. But I think I will live.

Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    I lost only one FB friend, in the very beginning.
    I had posted a photo of some food I made, with three eggs in it.
    Friend's only comment was, "Lipitor!".
    I thanked him for his concern, and sent him a link to MDA..."I know it might seem weird, but..."
    BAM. I was de-friended
    Ahhhh....sigh. But I think I will live.
    His loss Kuno1chi.

To the OP regarding your friend:

Fuck him.

"I resent you forcing your ultra-healthy lifestyle on me," says my brother. "If I don't enjoy what I eat, life isn't worth living. Treat your body like an amusement park, not a temple," he says.

Yeah...

Learn More
    Wow! I have never gotten anything except glazed looks and eye rolls. Then again, folks consider me eccentric anyway.

Also, after previous fiascoes about trying to sell people on macrobiotics, veganism, etc., I just casually mention Primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.