Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make a homemade Bulgarian Training Bag! page 2

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

oh cool thank you get primal xoox Darlene

very cool video I do all those things too, pretty fun toy eeh? killer workout too...here are some more ideas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmpisjjtTU&feature=fvw

xoxox Darlene

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I watched that first video yesterday; very interesting. My thoughts:

Finding a car inner tube can be a challenge these days. I see that the old inner tube for floating is now a brand new plastic thingy in the stores!

Did anyone catch what size he used? He zoomed in on the label but then right back out.

If you aren't into that 40-55 pound range, probably a motorcycle tube would be better. This is about as large as they ever came: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIKEMASTER-MOTORCYCLE-INNER-TIRE-TUBE-3-60-4-10-19-TR6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQha shZitem3ca49e065cQQitemZ260459857500QQptZMotorcycl esQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If that link doesn't work, just do an eBay search for motorcycle inner tube, look for the 19" one.

I'm thinking that the handle can be improved by putting a section of 1" or larger dowel inside up to the nylon tie strap, then another strap or two at the lower end of the dowel, around the dowel.

This looks like something I should do. Would fit my so called life style and budget.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

OTB, you're right about the handle. Mine is a primitive first version, I'm sure people will improve the design dramatically. However, the way I did it works great and I haven't had any exercises where I wished for something different.

The size was a 15" car tire. I could see somebody throwing this in their car and going to the beach or park for a workout. There's not a part of your body that can't be worked with this thing. Mix some sprints into the fold and you've got a complete workout. You could do the same with just your body too but it's fun to make new toys.

I got my at shucks auto it is just a reg size intertube the kind you would fill with air to go tubing with. it was under $12.

xoxo Darlene

good for you two! I haven't seen an inner tube in auto stores in ages, just ag/farm stores. Wouldn't a typical 15" (that's rim diameter) be rather large insofar as sand capacity?

I can see where would could use a couple of different size tubes for different loads on the old bod.

Anyone know why it's accredited to the Bulgarians? I presume that maybe they actually invented it, and being a poor country they used what they had laying around. Any one know?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

To sort of answer my own question, check out this search: http://clusty.com/search?input-form=...raining+bag%22 (Clusty is my preferred search engine, mostly.)

Notice the clustered searches on the BTG and Primal!

Seems like some people just have to make a buck off of the simple. Real leather! Woo hoo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12