Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food, Inc. Movie page

a_morgan24 is offline Senior Member

Food, Inc. Movie

Primal Fuel
    I realize that I am probably far behind the majority of people on this Forum to just now have watched Food Inc. but I had to run to my computer just now after finishing it and encourage anybody that hasn't seen the movie to WATCH IT!! It reinforces so much of the Primal lifestyle that we live.

Wow! It's just so totally powerful to see the massive facilities, chemical processing, and poor treatment of animals/employees/environment, that 'run' so much of what our society eats.

I run the website for my Dad's grass fed beach business and now when I type all natural, sustainable, real, healthy, etc. I will mean it even more. And even though I am just in my 3rd month of living Primal, you can bet that's not going to change any time soon.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2494759449/

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I saw it for the first time just last week, so don't feel bad. It's an eye opener. I have read and heard a lot of that stuff already. I am doing my best to eat organic food as often as I can find it. I just wish grass fed meat was sold in more supermarkets.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Down with gmo corn!!!!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    On that same note, I want to watch King Corn - they had it up for free on a PBS website several months ago but I can't find it now.

a_morgan24 is offline Senior Member
    Has anybody read the Omnivore's Dilemma? That author was featured in the movie quite a bit and I am considering buying the book. Any feedback on it?

BethanyK is offline Senior Member
    We just watched that within the last month.

Slightly unrelated, I was researching our local sugar factory as a field trip option and saw that they had press releases extolling the virtues of roundup ready sugar beet seed. It makes me wonder if they know what they are getting into.

coley is offline Junior Member
    loved "food inc." we bought 10 copies so we could just give it to other people to watch (instead of offering to loan ours)........ i mean, it was really life changing for me. no more junk food. no more grain fed beef. it gave us the motivation we needed to stop going out to eat. we buy as much as we can locally, including our meat.... from a grass fed farm 20 miles from us.

i haven't read "omnivores dilemma" but i have read other books by michael pollan. i have heard great things about the book. pollan is not necessarily discussing a primal lifestyle, but there is overlap in ideas similar to "food inc." pollan has 3 food rules.......1. eat whole foods 2. mostly plants 3. not too much. his books really support the idea of eating locally and seasonally and sustainable agriculture.

i think i'll watch "food inc" again. happy thursday.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    King Corn is brilliant, and such fun to watch. I saw it on PBS when Independent Lens showed it, and I liked it so well I bought a copy from the PBS website. Heartily recommended. I have lent it out several times.

P.S. Netflix has it both as a DVD and as an Instant Play.

http://www.netflix.com/WiSearch?v1=K...oq=King%20Corn

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I read it and loved it! It's kind of slow toward the end, but overall a super enjoyable read. As someone said, it's not "primal" but there is a LOT of overlap.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I read the book (Food, Inc.) and am afraid to watch the movie as I can't stand seeing the animals in factory farms.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast