Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The weird things almond butter does. page

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member

The weird things almond butter does.

Shop Now
    I am weak in the face of almond butter. More often than not it's a spoonful of almond butter that sets me off on a rampage around the house eating everything in sight. If there's a jar in my fridge it won't last more than a day or two, tops.

Anyone else run into problems with it? I'm trying to figure out what about nut butter sets me off.

dfast is offline Member
    I'm the same. It's easy to eat but bland enough in taste that somehow one mouthful doesn't feel like enough. Also it does have a great mouthfeel to it (at least I think so). Strangely, the same doesn't happen to me with animal fats - I mean, I crave them but once I've eaten them I get a 'proper' feeling of fullness. I could eat jars and jars of nut butter and not fill up but animal fats really seem to 'plug the hole'.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I have absolutely no control with almond butter. It doesn't cause me to overeat other things, but I can consume a jar in one day to the exclusion of all other foods! That doesn't happen to me with anything else.

I try to have almond butter only on weekends--and I try to make the jar last 2 days. Right now, I'm not buying it at all in an effort to gain some control.

I don't know what it is--except that it's my only 'indulgence,' so perhaps that's what makes it so alluring when it's in the house.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    I had to give up nuts completely. I don't know what it is about them, but I just can't control myself. I'll treat myself to a bag of nuts or a jar of nut butter once every month or two, but for the most part, they just need to stay the hell away from me. I've had two binges since going primal, and both of them began and ended with nearly half a jar of peanut butter (my non-primal family keeps it around). It was the cheap, nasty kind too, with hydrogenated oils and sugar. I knew this while I was eating it but I just couldn't stop myself once I started.

Shit's downright evil.
    Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 10-21-2010 at 03:51 AM.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, been there, done that, may have to give up nuts for good. I am pretty sure that nuts are the nasty culprit that majorly derailed some of my previous efforts to stick to primal, they just sent me off on huge eating binges that ended with me eating whatever I could get my grubby little hands on. Not this time my backstabbing friend.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I have a full jar of almond butter. I bought it a long while back but never dug into it. I'm not really a fan of nuts, gladly because they seem to cause a lot of people to over indulge.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    I understand the lack of control. I had to stop eating nuts and give away my almond butter :-(

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    MMff mmff. (Translation: don't talk to me while I'm stuffing shredded coconut/almond butter balls in my mouth.)

LP30 is offline Junior Member
    agree with the rest. Can't eat it. Whole jar in one setting. Had to quit.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I also had problems with these tahini balls - where you mix tahini, dried fruit, dates, crushed almonds and honey, and roll the gooey mess into little balls covered in dessicated coconut. On second thought, you could do that with almond butter. NO, don't. they are addictive. marginally PB, but addictive.

Oh I can't do snacks or any 'grey areas'.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast