Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to dip in my soup if not bread? page

hlanthorn is offline Junior Member

What to dip in my soup if not bread?

Primal Fuel
    Soup, sweaters and scarves are some of my favorite things about fall. I did always like dunking a chunk of baguette in my soup -- any suggestions for a replacement?

mizski is offline Senior Member
    A spoon?

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Your fingers

some sort of squash? a piece of meat? eggplant? bread made with almond flour? use your imagination.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Charge it to your 20%?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Good question. My soups are usually thick and chunky enough that I don't miss the bread. But I guess lots of people would. Can't think of anything that would really take the place of it in terms of comfort food except a paleo bread like almond.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Lizzie125 is offline Member
    I totally know what you mean, but bread ain't primal. Bread dipping is just a habit (and french bread is my heroin). If you eat dairy, have a nice piece or two of some really strong/sharp cheese: cheddar, manchego or asiago--take a bite of it between bites of soup. Don't need eat a lot of cheese if it is strong, and sharp cheeses hold up well against soup/stew dishes. And IMO better than bread, especially high end older ones (good enzymes, help digestion, I believe).

Also, maybe some crunchy raw apple?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    pork rinds? i dunno. bread was always my "butter carrier", so now i just eat the butter or add it to my soup.

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member

Eatmydust is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I add ham mayo and must. toast in pan w/butter taste just like a grilled cheese ..... some people like them hot out of oven
    we seem to like them air dried for a day more like a bread.

sometimes last few min's in oven I will pull out top w/ graded cheese they hold up for sans and burgers better
    tried to add pic,if you want to see what they look like just google oppsies it will come up.

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)

3 large eggs
    pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
    3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6 Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free rolls.

Nutritional information per roll: Calories:85 , Carbohydrates: .6 g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: .6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7.5
    Last edited by Eatmydust; 10-21-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast