Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to dip in my soup if not bread? page 3

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Bacon

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, you are entitled to your opinion, and it's fine if you choose to eat sourdough bread on occasion, but it still doesn't mean that it is primal. In his paragraph on sourdough, Mark explicitly states "this doesn’t apply to a PBer, but it still deserves mention," and goes on to caution "don’t think fermentation makes it Primal approved." WAPF-approved, yes. Better than non-sourdough bread, yes. Primal-approved, no.

I personally choose to avoid gluten in all its forms, and certainly wouldn't advise anyone on this board (many of whom are gluten-sensitive) to eat a food that contains gluten. Anyway, I hope that we can stop hijacking this thread soon. I just want to make it clear that sourdough bread does still contain gluten, lectins, and all the other unpleasant things that are in regular bread - just in lower quantities.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    pork rinds? i dunno. bread was always my "butter carrier", so now i just eat the butter or add it to my soup.
    Pork rinds are my butter carrier. DON'T LAUGH! :-)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Drink it from the bowl?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Pork rinds are my butter carrier. DON'T LAUGH! :-)
    you're awesome!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123