Thread: Concerned... page

Vivian is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Ive been primal for almost 2 months now and feel great except for one thing. I think i have poor circulation. I have some bruising on my legs that have appeared out of no where and sometimes this weird tight feeling in my chest (i used to get that when i ate bad greasy foods like pizza n junk because ive always eaten homecooked meals and noticed this would happen after high bad fat foods). I just wonder, could this be too much saturated fat? if not, what?

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Vivian,

Please call your doctor asap to rule out some serious stuff. Anything weird in your chest should be taken seriously.

Please do this, okay?

aww thanks for your concern kuno1chi! i have gone to the doctor because i also havent had a period since going primal either :/ that never used to happen before...

Glad you had stuff checked out, Vivian.

So glad you're okay, and welcome to the family!

Any questions, just post 'em. The folks here are the BEST.

grandma is offline Member

What did the Dr say? I'm an arm-chair lots of things, but not diagnostician. You might want to read up on angina.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

well he just told me that i was experiencing amenorrhea and to go to the gyno...i looked up angina and o gosh i hope its not that! i think it may be however something called deep vein thrombosis i have all of the symptoms of that. it may be genetic too because almost all of the women from my mothers side have sweeling and veins such as the ones mentioned in this website: www.merck.com/mmhe/sec03/ch036/ch036b.html

should i go to the doctor again?

Vivian,

I'm confused. You went to the doctor, told him you had a strange feeling in your chest, swelling in your legs, and a family history of DVT? He didn't address those issues in any way?

no sorry for the confusion but when i went a few weeks ago i only told him about the missed periods because i wasnt experiencing the chest pain at the time; i had some bruising and leg pain but didnt feel it was a big deal; im now concerned because it hasnt gone away.

I really think you should go back if you are having these symptoms. It will probably turn out to something innocuous, but I would go, if I were you.

Nick Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Yeah, if you're actually having chest pain and bruising and leg pain, those are all pretty good indicators of a circulatory system issue. I wouldn't say you'd be out of line stopping by the emergency room if you can't get an appointment with your doctor on 24 hours' notice.

If you went to urgent care and told them you had those symptoms, they'd pretty much tell you to go to the emergency room instead.