Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Sounds Like BS to me... page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

This Sounds Like BS to me...

Shop Now
    A co-worker (who runs marathons all the time and is actually not in bad shape) told me today... well she said a lot so stupid as CW crap (soy and tofu bleh bleh bleh)... but she said that anyone who runs a marathon CANNOT eat meat the day before or they will crap their pants... it's just how digestion works. Runners shouldn't eat meat becaue they'll crap their pants...

Really???
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha ha....I can just see Grok jogging across the savanna with poop dripping out of him the whole way.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Maybe habitual runners tend to be borderline vegetarians and have trouble adjusting to meat anyway.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    The only thing that ever made me feel like taking a dump while running was actually oatmeal...I think the fiber does it.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    ha ha ha....i can just see grok jogging across the savanna with poop dripping out of him the whole way.
    rofl!
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    One steak tip to many.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Live Free or Die"

r_squared02 is offline Member
    So not true!! I just ran the Chicago Marathon. I did eat a bit lighter the day before, but I had chicken. No issues for me!

savage_dieter is offline Junior Member
    I don't know, but if I were to run a marathon and complete it, I'd crap my pants.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Back in the early days of the Boston Marathon, many of the best runners would have steak and eggs on the morning of the race.

Personally, I have run a number of marathons as well as olympic distance triathlons, and for each of them I ate a large portion of some form of bacon, sausage, steak, veggies and eggs, on the day before and day of the race. My last trail marathon (which I did unsupported witth my five fingers in the snow on Nov 22) I had a big egg scrambler with bacon, steak and sausage and then used water, some fruit and nuts once as my fuel.

No need to crap.

schwingding is offline Member
    I'm a lifelong endurance athlete (marathons, Ironman triathlons, endurance bicycle races). For me (and this is all before going "Primal") I did not want to have anything in me that would compete with my body's need for resources during the event. I would try to eat anything "heavy" two nights before the race, and indeed would stick to easily digestible things (HA! What I thought was back then anyway) like breads, pastas, tomato sauce, etc..

Had I eaten a steak the night before - as long as I was eating steak regularly - no problem, but I figured why take the chance. That said, even on easy to digest foods, I would before an Ironman take immodium just to plug up the works as a preventive. Loose bowels are common during ultras, regardless of diet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast