Thread: TED talk: Heribert Watzke on "The brain in your stomach" page

eaca is offline Junior Member

TED talk: Heribert Watzke on "The brain in your stomach"

Primal Fuel

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    LOVE IT! This topic is something I've been interested in for quite some time and the information was presented in a very enjoyable manner.

TED Talks are incredible to my life.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    LOL at the first comment of the girl saying all signs point to humans meant to be raw food herbivores. People are cute.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting dejavu...

I found some BAD people too:

"I agree with him up to a point, Yes we do have teeth that were built for soft squishy food, but it is not cooked food. have we been cooking nearly long enough for our bodies to evolve as a result of it? That soft food he is looking for is FRUIT. Fruit is what we have evolved around, it is delicious and nutricious, where as cooked food is delicious and problematic. Cooking food generally kills part of the nutrients in it. Sure I would rather eat a cooked steak than a raw steak. That is because we weren't built to eat steak. Cooking food tricks our bodies into thinking we should eat it. Take a look at this man, he says his stop eating mechanism doesn't work. I propose that it would, if he ate fruit, and I mean a meals worth not just a 2 banana's but 2 pounds of banana's. The reason your gut doesn't tell you to stop eating when you are stuffed to the brim is it didn't get the natural waterfilled energy/ nutrient loaded meal it wanted. Problems are caused by too much fat etc."

Not two bananas, 2 pounds of bananas. brb gonna shit all day.

rev
    rev is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I'm getting dejavu...

I found some BAD people too:

"I agree with him up to a point, Yes we do have teeth that were built for soft squishy food, but it is not cooked food. have we been cooking nearly long enough for our bodies to evolve as a result of it? That soft food he is looking for is FRUIT. Fruit is what we have evolved around, it is delicious and nutricious, where as cooked food is delicious and problematic. Cooking food generally kills part of the nutrients in it. Sure I would rather eat a cooked steak than a raw steak. That is because we weren't built to eat steak. Cooking food tricks our bodies into thinking we should eat it. Take a look at this man, he says his stop eating mechanism doesn't work. I propose that it would, if he ate fruit, and I mean a meals worth not just a 2 banana's but 2 pounds of banana's. The reason your gut doesn't tell you to stop eating when you are stuffed to the brim is it didn't get the natural waterfilled energy/ nutrient loaded meal it wanted. Problems are caused by too much fat etc."

Not two bananas, 2 pounds of bananas. brb gonna shit all day.
    I had the opposite problem when I tired being fruititarian... I couldn't shit at all.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    awesome link. Thank you.