Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing on the edge.... need push page

feltsole is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I have been lurking the site for a while. I need a lifestyle change. While I don't have major health issues now, I am on a path that will inevitably lead me there. I want/need off that path. In less than a month my son will be two years old. I am at the beginning stages of metabolic syndrome. There is history of heart disease and cancer in my family so I need to get things straight so I'll be here for my family. OK, so theres a vague background of where I'm coming from, now to where I want to go. I need to be healthy. I like meat. I like veggies. I like fruit. I also like bread, grains, corn, sugar, cakes, pies, beer, and wine. Basically I like everything except peas - oh and shrimp but only because I'm allergic - it sucks. Last night while planting my fall cool weather veggies in my garden no shirt, bare foot, a thunder storm rolling in and it started to rain, I had what I think was my first "grok" moment. I think I even grunted like Tim Allen on Home Improvement! Although I think grok would be wise enough to come in the cave out of the thunder and lightning. I think I'm ready. So now what? I don't want to dive to hard core in and get discouraged and give up like I have on so many other of my past weight loss endeavors. This is not a weight loss plan... it's a lifestyle change that HAS to happen. I'm open to all comments and ideas.

Thanks.

My next post won't be so windy - promise!

grandma is offline Member

You're in luck, peas aren't primal anyway ! I don't like them either.

Go for it. Jump in the water is fine. Ramp your sugar down and don't look back.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

feltsole, eat your last SAD (Standard American Diet) meal, get rid of all the non-primal stuff in your pantry (I left a big bag on the curve saying: "free food, take me please"), and go shopping.

You'll feel like a new person soon.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

I agree with Grandma and SerialSinner,

Just go for it.

What's the worst that could happen?

It's for sure not *less* healthy than the way you're probably eating now.

So if you don't like it... at least you'll know.

But I bet you *will* like it. A lot

-Sean

cc40 is offline Junior Member

"I like meat. I like veggies. I like fruit."

Perfect. You are ready.

As the others said, clean out the cabinets, and have the last of the "bad meals". Or just clean up and move on. Dive in, the water is fine.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Feltsole,

I have been Primal less than a month, yet it has made SUCH a huge difference in the way I feel!

I want to share this gift with you...go for it.

Additionally, you will never find a more wonderful, intelligent group of people, than the folks on this forum. We're here to support you; welcome to the family!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Amen to all the above. Nike got it right: Just Do It!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Get rid of all that junk in the kitchen! You know what to buy, do it. Do you like to cook? I'd reccomend finding some awesome primal recipes (there are some good links floating around the site, or you can always google..) When I tell people about what primal eating consists of, their immediate reaction is usually, "Oh, so you eat everything raw?" Personally, I find raw salads to get kind of boring after awhile. Experiment with your foods, cook them different ways and add in all different spices. DON'T be discouraged when you still have cravings or your energy drops. It'll change within a few weeks.

My friend has a blog on this, she's a kick ass girl and she might get through to you better..

http://www.byersgetsdiesel.com/2009/...irty-days.html

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

OMG, just go for it! You'll never look back.

I'm a Foodie and I LOVE to cook. Going Primal and searching out recipes has added a whole new level of adventure to my kitchen and it really makes cooking fun.

feltsole is offline Junior Member

Whoa! Thanks for all the encouragement and ideas. I "kinda" started yesterday. Sausage and eggs for breakfast. Sausage on the grill for lunch. Then, while my wife went to a wedding shower, I went on a nice 2.1 mile hike with a 28 pound kid strapped to my back in through the hills of Southeast Ohio. We came back to chicken breast on the grill. I cheated with corn and Sweet Baby Rays Chipotle BBQ Sauce. BUT... My wife came home from a wedding shower with cheesecake leftovers and I was able to ignore it. It took every last ounce of will power. I snacked on some watermelon and walnuts. Not full primal, but a turn for the better. My son ate at his picnic table and insisted I sit with him. I had to kneel like a catcher the whole meal. That’s Grok like... right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast