Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standing on the edge.... need push page 2

Griff is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

feltsole, the only way to do it is to do it. Yes, the first few days are going to be tough (the low-carb flu is almost inevitable) but once you are through the transition you're going to start seeing amazing results. I know I have. My story was front-paged yesterday here at MDA.

Remember that you'll also need the veggies for the nutrients - your diet should not be meat and nothing but. Make sure you take a vitamin supplement and drink LOTS of water to avoid kidney stones, especially while you're in the extreme low-carb phase of this way of life. Go read http://www.proteinpower.com as well, to get the medical side of what's going on with your body as you go Primal. I wish you the best!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

GeriMorgan Guest

Firstly, remove the word "cheat" from your diet. To cheat is to use illicit means to achieve your goals more quickly, which you can't be doing unless you're taking steroids.

So you indulged some corn and barbeque sauce. But you also ate plenty of good food - more than you've ever eaten in a single day before, I'm willing to bet - and you passed on a food that you knew was bad for you. Now ask yourself this: do you feel deprived because you didn't eat the cheesecake? Do you hear its dulcet tones calling to you from your fridge?

I'm guessing not. Eating a diet full of real foods will do that to you.

Anyway, I'm going to agree with Griff on this one: eat moar veggies. Get yer wifey to make you some salads (or make them yourself) and eat them regularly. Lettuce, chard, cucumbers, green peppers, celery, and radishes are all fairly low-carbohydrate but contain lots of veggie goodness. Buy yourself some awesome vinegar and olive oil (or Litehouse bleu cheese dressing) and make every salad an exciting adventure for your tastebuds.

Also, I would advise you to keep consumption of watermelon and other high-sugar fruits fairly low for the time being. If you're suffering from sweets cravings, get some frozen berries - either strawberries or a mix. Pour some (not a lot) into a bowl, add some cream and a little sweetener if you need it, and enjoy muchly.

pellegrina is offline Junior Member

Hey, just wanted to chime in and second what everybody else said. I went almost completely primal when the challenge started a month ago (and I ate a LOT of grains and dairy). Like you, I have a strong family history of heart disease, high blood pressure and Type II diabetes, and now that I'm in my 40s I just want to be proactive and prevent those problems before they start.

I felt some changes within the first week...stable energy levels, and the disappearance of the heartburn I'd suffered with for years (literally CURED overnight by going primal). But something I wasn't expecting was that all my cravings for carby, starchy food evaporated. It's not even really a matter of willpower; after a few weeks you won't even want the stuff anymore, I promise. Your palate and your appetite will be completely changed.

Just dive in with both feet and do it! We're all here to support you.

feltsole is offline Junior Member

Thanks guys.

BTW I have a huge salad for lunch with Grilled chicken breast, shrooms, tomatoes from the garden, and walnuts. I can't wait. I also turned down homemade brownies from scratch from a co-worked grandma. That was eaiser than I thought. BOOYAH!

ohiolopez is offline Junior Member

Here is my two cents:

1. Start by logging every thing you eat.

2. Choose one of these two that you are going to concentrate on cutting down.

Sugar or Carbs. Goal here is to cut down not to eliminate.

3.Educate your self.

4. I am at a 36 pound weight loss and the goal is to go to 200 pounds.

Do something

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Excellent! You started! Go Feltsole!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12