Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empty milk jugs and sand? page

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

ok I have lots of sand and some empty milk jubs in the recycle ..do you think this would make a decent kettlebell replacement? until I can afford them?

what are some other ideas of cheap homemade stuff you have made to lift? I have 2 cords of wood out there I can play with lol. xoxoox Darlene

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Chopping that wood would be very primal.

A milk jug with sand would be an OK substitute for a kettle bell. The handle might not bee too comfortable but you can't beat the price.

You can build a slosh tube with about $15 worth of material from Home Depot. Look for Mark's blog entry about it or search YouTube for slosh pipe. I recommend starting with a 2" or 3" pipe no more than 8' long. They'll cut it for you. You just need to buy a cap for one end and a screw on cap for the other end and a small can of PVC pipe cement. Fill it 2/3 full of water and just walk around with it, try to lift it over your head, or do bicep curls with it.

well it is already chopped and stacked lol but I can move it around and when winter comes I will be hauling it from the woodshed to the house. maybe I can wrap some duct tape around the handle? I tried lifting a whole sandbag but too heavy for me right now.

cool I will look up the slosh tube! thank you for that! I do have some free weights ...but I love to get inventive xoxox Darlene

Dave look what I found! cool I am soo gonna build a slosh pipe!

http://www.wikihow.com/index.php?tit...&printable=yes

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/build-your-own-slosh-tube/

thank you Mark and what a honor you answered my post!! Grok on! xoxo Darlene

grandma is offline Member

use a rock. it's harder to hold than a kettlebell so you have to use more muscle groups to hold it. But somewhat limiting on the kinds of exercise you can do. You can do squats, rows and things like that.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Hopefully this won't sound sexist but I'm a 6" 175 lb. man in very good shape (3 rounds of P90X under my belt) and the 4" slosh tube kicked my butt! That's why I recommend starting with a 3" pipe. I have both now and alternate between them for a killer workout.

If storage space is a problem try Mark's suggestion of making two smaller slosh pipes so you can carry one in each hand.

well I figured a jug had a handle and with my wild grok swining of that thing I didn't want to clunk myself in the head....so a rock would not feel too good lol

hubby is making me a slosh tube tomorrow I am sooo excited! you mean the 4 inches around Dave?

I will have a look at it

I love things that kick my butt hee hee gives me something to shoot for xoxo Darlene

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Yes 4" diameter pipe vs. 3" diameter. By putting a screw cap on one end you can change the amount of water. It's a crazy contraption but it works!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast