Thread: My Golf Story page

bigeasyprimal is offline Junior Member

My Golf Story

Primal Fuel
    I have been a golfer for most of my life. As a young boy I was exposed to one of the best golfers in this part of the country. He showed me the basics and from there I developed a great swing. Most of my life when I showed up at a driving range people would come to me and ask how I learned to do that, I would reply with I just do it. I guess I watched him at a young age, and was exposed to good golf so it came naturally. I earned a scholarship to a good school and continued to learn. Fast forward through a lifetime of playing and teaching and what do I say about the game today. Todays golf can be more damaging to your overall health and is way more dangerous than I ever imagined. I teach my golfers to walk, barefeet, do not keep score, take fewer clubs, make more instictive, creative choices in style and form. be an animal.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I like golf. But professional golf seems to have way too many rules. I say one standard set of clubs for all players, and they can use them however they want. Then we'd get great stories of golfers isolating themselves for months, perfecting secret techniques.

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Golf has changed probably more than any sport over the years. Because of technology etc. But for me when I am out playing. The pro's don't matter. We play by the general rules and just have fun. It is such a good time to get out there and walk about 7 miles. LOVE GOLF.

I am a little obsessed with it.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    I prefer primal golf, or as it is called around here, hockey.

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    I prefer primal golf, or as it is called around here, hockey.
    Ha. Yes.

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeasyprimal View Post
    Todays golf can be more damaging to your overall health and is way more dangerous than I ever imagined.
    I'm just curious as to what you're referring to health wise. I've played since age 3 and was a 2 handicap by the time I reached 9th grade. After competing for years, I just got burned out on it. Today (age 39), I only play 4 or 5 times a year and take my 5 year old to hit balls in a field. Unlike my Dad who was a stickler for proper form/technique and was SO overbearing about it, I just teach my son the basics (reasonable grip form, in the ballpark stance and a touch swing technique) but really just let him have at it. He ENJOYS it where I never really did.

I haven't noticed any health related issues, but I certainly don't want to set my kids up for experiencing such problems.

I guess I kind of made my own decision and yes I have a son whos middle name is hogan.... So you can understand I was a huge Hogan fan. Bobby jones had a spinal condition and he had such a pure swing, it just feels to me as a very strong athlete who can hit a golf ball 300 yards, it doesnt feel right for the spine to move like that.

not to mention the baseball swing seems to me to be much more natural to the spine,,,, the spine is the core of the athlete,