Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm going dairy free" help me!!! Thread :D page

lolov is offline Senior Member

The "I'm going dairy free" help me!!! Thread :D

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've noticed the past few days a bunch of us have either asked about or gotten advice to go dairy free. I'm a dairy lover (life without Fage? YIKES!) but I'm also convinced that with the thyroid/autoimmune issues and such, it's not just a good idea, it's necessary for me to give up the dairy for good.

I thought I'd start this thread where we can commiserate a little, and also talk about our successes and challenges. Maybe you've found a way to get past having cheese on a salad or butter on veggies and you can pass on that advice to someone who is having trouble with that particular thing.

Sort of a clearinghouse for us to support each other in ditching the dairy!

Sound like a plan?

Lo

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    capers are good on a salad, i have them instead of nice salty feta.

or cornichons? (little tiny cocktail gerkins)

i think butter is deemed okay, but coconut oil on veggies perhaps? with some nice fragrant herbs..?

I use pesto on my veggies, but you can make dairy free pesto; tons of basil, olive oil, pine nuts - mash em all up....

I went from having my pancakes with greek yoghurt (what you call fage - I call Yeo Valley!) to have "commuter squares" which you can search for in the bar at the top. you can add anything you want, only eggs are essential! the rest you can make up as you go. I did add single cream to mine but hey hey -rome wasn't built in a day!

good luck with it - i can't imagine being dairy free forever, i'm only cutting most of it out for weight goals - once i am there, I will eat as much as allows me to remain the same size as it doesn't bother me any other way.

but i feel your pain and if i think of any other ideas will let you know!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Save your bacon fat to put on vegetables. ♥

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Save your bacon fat to put on vegetables. ♥
    or use duck/goose fat?
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Day one of Dairy Free and Completely Sugar free except for berries and bananas. HELP ME.

I was totally od'ing on dairy. went to the State Fair where several pictures were taken, the evidence is NOT GOOD. I woke up today, totally ready to re-commit and get rid of the gut for good. No more honey, no more baked goods. No more anything except fruit, veg, nuts and meats and fat. ( though not necessarily in that order). No More alcohol. That perhaps will be the toughest one, besides the heavy cream in my moring java. Going Black in the coffee is gonna suck at first too, but I am over not feeling good about how I look in pictures. I swung the shit out of my kettlebells this morning did a ton of bodyweight stuff, and ran a mile. I am OVER IT. ( fat that is)

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    I put coconut milk in my coffee when I run out of cream, and while it's certainly not the same, I find it to be much better than black coffee

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip City View Post
    I put coconut milk in my coffee when I run out of cream, and while it's certainly not the same, I find it to be much better than black coffee
    I tried this and it sucked, but what I thought was coconut milk was actually a coconut milk... beverage.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    I use this stuff:

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip City View Post
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...767#post242767

I made this last night. It is definitely a little bit better than coconut milk alone.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Rip City, I recently discovered that stuff in a weird little neighborhood bodega. Oh. My. Gawd. It's the best coconut milk I've found so far.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast