Thread: I've been so hungry the last 2 days page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

Angry I've been so hungry the last 2 days

Shop Now
    So I have been 7 days on PB and even done a IF which I thought was impossible for me as I was used to eating 6 small meals a day. Food was filling me up, had no issues with carb flue and all going easy. The last 2 days though I have been really hungry so have been eating about 5 times a day. Is this my body adjusting? I don't want to put weight on by eating all the time, or perhaps I'm not eating enough. A sample of today's eating was:

Bacon & scrambled eggs with brocolli salad and coffee with cream
    Cappacino
    chicken breast cooked in butter with a small bit of bacon and beetroot salad
    shredded coconut with raspberries and yoghurt
    Osso bucco stew with brocolli (this was cooked in butter and olive oil)
    tea with milk

and I'm still hungry. I did a spin class this morning.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Get used to things before you start throwing IF-ing into the mix. Also, a intense cardio workout first thing in the day could be jacking your cortisol, which often causes hunger.

I too felt very hungry for the first couple weeks of eating primal, but it did level out. One thing I had to learn was that I didn't have to have that bloaty feeling to be full and satisfied.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Eat more fat...
    Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

I actually didn't mean to IF, but I had bacon and eggs for brekky and then went out to the pub for lunch and had a caesar salad no croutons and it just filled me up so much I didn't want to eat anything until the next day.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    First, 7 days in isn't very long. You need more time to adjust to the changes in your diet.

That said, if I'm eating primally and suddenly feel really hungry for a day or two, I can usually look at the previous couple days and see that I underate for my activity level. I think that's to be expected. Your body doesn't want to be in a calorie deficit, or at least it doesn't want to be in too much of a calorie deficit. Exercise increases hunger. If you are in a great big energy deficit, the hunger will probably rise accordingly. Try eating more fat, not carbs....you didn't post quantities of what you ate, but stick all that in to a calorie counter and see what you come up with and whether it's a reasonable amount for your energy needs. As long as I've not been eating too many neolithic foods or too many carbs that can throw hunger signals out of whack, I tend to listen to what my body's telling me.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    Get used to things before you start throwing IF-ing into the mix. Also, a intense cardio workout first thing in the day could be jacking your cortisol, which often causes hunger.

I too felt very hungry for the first couple weeks of eating primal, but it did level out. One thing I had to learn was that I didn't have to have that bloaty feeling to be full and satisfied.
    +1 - DO NOT IF so early - your body's still getting used to being without carbs! I would ditch the spin classes too - have you read the book...? Kelly Korg lived for her early morning spin classes, therefore it's not something we should contemplate doing. SS is right, which was why I face-palmed when I saw that a new gym had opened round the corner from the Starbucks where my friend works! All those ladies getting in there for their early morning spin, pump or aerobics classes (having probably only had a Slim Fast for brekkie) and then, because they now feel so 'virtuous', popping round the corner for a venti hot choccie and a double choc muffin ('cos they'd 'earned' it!)

There is some good arguments to doing PBF on an empty stomach, but not chronic cardio (which spinning is (IMNSHO)).

If you've not bought the book, buy it and read the Korg chapter - tells you everything you SHOULDN'T be doing!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahz View Post
    I actually didn't mean to IF, but I had bacon and eggs for brekky and then went out to the pub for lunch and had a caesar salad no croutons and it just filled me up so much I didn't want to eat anything until the next day.
    How the hell could a caesar salad satiate you for that long...? PLEASE tell me you told them to hold the dressing, too..?! Most commercial salad dressings are made with sunflower, groundnut or veggie oil - all of which are EVIL! FAR too high in omega 6 (PUFAs).
    La tristesse durera toujours...

PrimalCon New York
    Hi shrinking violet, don't ask me how it kept me full for that long but it did. It did have chicken and I did have the sauce. I don't eat out often so if I'm going to stick to this as a lifestyle I suppose you could say that's my 20%. In regards to the exercise I have posted another thread "what workout do you do" in the fitness section. This is to help me see what other people are doing as I am a complete gym junkie and want to try and turn this around. I do have the primal fitness ebook and plan on reading it again very soon. This is the big thing for me to change and I'm slowly trying to do it. I am one of those people that if I don't exercise for an hour then I feel like its not worth it and also one of those poeople that feel guilty if I don't workout. BUT, like I said I am trying so hard to change this in the next week or so. Take today for example I simply have no time this morning to get to the gym and am starting to get paranoid that I may miss a workthou, but this is what I need to change, that its ok if I do