Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy. :) I have some question? page

Resaj is offline Junior Member

New guy. :) I have some question?

Primal Fuel
    Hello fellow primals. I used to be fat and heavily overweight. Lost about 43kg. And I did that by eating 5-6 times a day etc. I lost too much. And my diet had zero fat and almost zero carbs. That with lifting weights 5-6 days a week. AND ALOT OF WATER.

Anyway. The thing I got was chronic constipation. And I am always pretty scared to get it back. So I eat carbs with high fibres like oats, flax seeds and brown rice.

And now I have huge interest for this primal way of living. And I wonder...what should I eat that is good with the primal blueprint and also makes sure your belly is doing the right work.

Anyone of you guys had the same problem? Does this diet even have fibres in it?
    Where should a primal get his fibers and other nutrients that help the bowels move?

Thanks

almostGrok'd is offline Senior Member
    Heaps of leafy green vegetables, Fish Oil and kefir do it for me!!!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Vegetables have plenty of fiber and are chock full of vitamins and minerals that the human body needs (unlike the bread related fibers), however there are plenty of people on here who are eating basically only meat products and doing just fine.....in fact we recently had someone post a question about beef and constipation, the fact is that you would poop less because there would be less waste product from the digestion of foods your body actually wants/needs to eat. Also fats do a great job of keeping things regular.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I have to say, constipation is NOT something I've had to worry about since eating PB - quite the reverse! I think lots of fat, veg and meat keeps all running smoothly!

Resaj is offline Junior Member
    So you guys dont eat OATS, Brown rice?

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Nope

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resaj View Post
    I used to love oatmeal.

Very surprisingly, I've eaten just about EVERY "forbidden" food under the PB guidelines (remember, these are just guidelines, the final decision is always yours) except for oatmeal. It really surprises me that one of my favorite foods has no appeal to me anymore. It doesn't do much for you and raises your blood sugar like crazy. Give it up slow, reduce your overall consumption little by little. I did it cold turkey, but that's because I'm into messing with my comfort and seeing if I can adapt. Doesn't work for all folks, and could have contributed to the slip ups I had. Welcome and best of luck!

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    I used to love oatmeal aswell. Had it every morning for at least 5 years. Decided to do primal blueprint one day and have only been on it a week but now it no longer appeals to me. I poo better now since starting PB, and the other thing is after my oatmeal about 2 hours later i would be starving again, but now can go usually until lunchtime depending on what I ate for brekky.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resaj View Post
    Or corm, or wheat, or beans, for the most part. Lots of veggies, and animal parts, though. Your diet was probably too lean.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For all you oatmeal lovers, I have something for you. I've been eating this for the past week due to tonsilitis as solid food made me want to cry.

Main Ingredients
    2/3 cup coconut milk
    1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
    3 T almond flour

Optional Ingredients:
    1 tsp vanilla
    sweetener of choice ( i use stevia)
    Berries

Heat the milk in a small sauce pan until it just starts to bubble and then mix all the other ingredients in. Let it simmer and stir occasionally until you get the thickness/consistency you want. Takes about 10 minutes for me.

This shit is super easy and OH MY GOD DELICIOUS.

You are welcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast