Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARE they right? page

mylovefive is offline Junior Member

ARE they right?

Shop Now
    My high school said i couldnt wear my vibrams bec there not shoes...are they right? how can i argue this?
    I go to a private school in south GA. i wore my Vibram Five Finger shoes to school one day and i got in trouble. they told me that they were not shoes and that i should never wear them to school again or ill be suspeneded.
    Are they correct? and how can i argue this topic.
    im trying to argue this in a argumentive paper and i need a thesis...help!!!!!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    To help get a better sense of the situation: Does your school have any sort of dresscode? How long have you been wearing the VFFs in general?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    You go to private school so I guess they do have a say in what you can wear. I would agree with them that VFFs aren't shoes. They're probably more concerned with the reaction of your class mates than anything else. They're probably also preventing others from copying you. I would just find suitable shoes that are low profile.

Maybe you can print them a short article on the benefits of barefooting and see if they'll let you rock them for gym at least? I think that's a battle you could win.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    If it's a private school, than you're probably out of luck. Ask them what their definition of "shoe" is....go from there.

dictionary.com says: an external covering for the human foot, usually of leather and consisting of a more or less stiff or heavy sole and a lighter upper part ending a short distance above, at, or below the ankle.

...pretty well describes VFFs.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    uh, all of the links in this very new poster's sig line are for sites that sell fake vibrams. Just sayin'.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Mollymoe is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, does nobody else think it strange that a new member starts 3 threads at once all about vibrams/barefoot running and just happens to have links to a website that sells vibrams in their signature. Perhaps I'm too cynical?

EDIT - sorry cillakat didn't see your post...

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    uh, all of the links in this very new poster's sig line are for sites that sell fake vibrams. Just sayin'.
    doh! That's what I get for posting before coffee has hit the system....I caught it on some other posts this morning, but not this one.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    damn it. I put some thought in that reply too.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    lol for the strange sig.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    That they go on feet doesn't make them shoes because socks aren't shoes. What I would classify as shoes is anything that protects the feet to a sufficient degree. And vibrams do that on the bottom but perhaps they are concerned that someone might step on your feet and the vibrams will do little to protect an assault from the top.

Also why capitalize "are"? Why should that one by emphatic and the others not? Why do any of them need to be emphatic?
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast