Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another anti PB rant - study sponsored by Friends of the Earth page

breadsauce is offline Senior Member

Another anti PB rant - study sponsored by Friends of the Earth

Primal Fuel
    In the Telegraph newspaper - a study showing the "harmful" effects of meat eating....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...000-lives.html

The CW people do seem to be cutting up rough - does it mean that PB is really taking off now to an extent that is worrying the erstwhile "mainstream"?

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident" - Schopenhauer.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    No surprise that the study was commissioned by Friends of the earth.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait until I see my Dad next - bets are he'll have cut it out to show to me. Then I'll eat a pound of meat a day while I'm with him. As an aside, why don't newspapers open up commenting on their websites? It's always frustrating to not be able to respond to this sort of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by racingsnake View Post
    I can't wait until I see my Dad next - bets are he'll have cut it out to show to me. Then I'll eat a pound of meat a day while I'm with him. As an aside, why don't newspapers open up commenting on their websites? It's always frustrating to not be able to respond to this sort of nonsense.
    You can leave comments - I've just been reading them and almost all are against the article. I'd leave a comment of my own - but the blasted site won't recognise my username or password!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    "Those who are wrong always use spectacle to distract from their fallacies."

Unignorant is offline Junior Member
    Can anyone actually find this new study? Just spent 20 minutes and turned up nothing. Really, these "health" articles should have at least a link to the research they are citing.

As it stands, the conclusions drawn by mainstream media are likely not the conclusions supported by the research in question. But either way, I really would like to have a look at the researchers' methodology.

healthymama is offline Member
    I don't really view the article as a rant against PB. It just seems to be suggesting that it's good to stay away from factory farmed meats and ones fed on GMO grains. The idea seems to be not that meat in and of itself is bad for health, but that eating _a lot_ of poor quality meat could be detrimental. Since starting PB, I have really upped my consumption of a variety of vegetables, and try to be choosier about meats I cook for my family, buying grass-fed and finished when I can afford it and being careful with cooking methods for regular supermarket meat. I don't think there would be any harm, and it might even be beneficial, to have a meat-free day of the week and just eat berries, veggies, nuts, nut milks, butters, and gluten-free items made with coconut and/or almond flour.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    @breadsauce - oh can you? I must have missed them. I'm off for some aggro

Quote Originally Posted by racingsnake View Post
    @breadsauce - oh can you? I must have missed them. I'm off for some aggro
    You can - IF you can get then log-in process to work! Mine keeps saying "not verified" - a pain in the *rse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast