Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cavemen Ate Bread, Study Says page 2

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    are you on the active low carbers forum by chance lol...I just saw this same post there.

and I responded:

and just because they ate some bread does not assume they no longer CENTERED their diet around meat. plus the whole grains=roots, not grains part.

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    It would probably take the reconstruction of the digestive system to resemble that of a bird, forming a ridiculous looking bird-ape. The would be badass, I want one
    How would that be any different from a raccoon?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I'm not so sure that bird + ape = raccoon. Check your animal math again
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    In my experience, "journalists" always look for ways to egg people on to fight. It sells papers. So they find a way to stir up the paleos and the grain advocates. Yay! A fight!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    I'm not so sure that bird + ape = raccoon. Check your animal math again
    Bird & bird are bird...
    Ape and ape are ape...
    Bird and ape are RA-ccoon
    Ra-ccoon & ra-ccoon are gonna fight...

I agree with Danny Kaye! And the lots of animals. Can you hope to win, when such cuteness stands against you?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    so clearly there wasn't enough selection pressure for the amount that they were eating to make them a healthy food group.
    +1

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't follow that because cavemen didn't eat bread then we shouldn't eat bread so it doesn't follow that if they did then bread is healthy, it is demonstrably unhealthy. Of course the idea is that grains simply didn't constitute a large portion of our diet throughout the millions of years of hunter-gatherer evolution and thus we -may- be maladapted to them. And we are so clearly there wasn't enough selection pressure for the amount that they were eating to make them a healthy food group. It would probably take the reconstruction of the digestive system to resemble that of a bird, forming a ridiculous looking bird-ape. The would be badass, I want one
    This is the right answer of course. And I would like to see giant raccoon versus bird-ape. There's probably a B&W Japanese monster movie already out there somewhere though.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Also, paleolithic man probably needed to store fat at times. This ain't true for us.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    To look at it from a sociological point of view it's still very much a hunter-gatherer society. It's incredibly laborious to harvest "true" grains and there's no way a nomadic group would bother to do it regularly. But the women, young and elderly could certainly grab the odd handful of cattails, wild potatoes and other easily foraged growing things in the same way they'd grab fruit and veg from trees and plants. And I don't see any proof in the "article" that they made naan or pancakes, just they they probably ground them up...maybe they made "bread" coating for their meat! Primal KFC, baby!

In my mind this does nothing to discredit their main diet. And I'm surprised to see (at least) three threads about it springing up on this forum!

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bUMbLeB View Post
    Bird & bird are bird...
    Ape and ape are ape...
    Bird and ape are RA-ccoon
    Ra-ccoon & ra-ccoon are gonna fight...

I agree with Danny Kaye! And the lots of animals. Can you hope to win, when such cuteness stands against you?
    Could you type that again - in something resembling English this time...?!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast