Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Just listen to your body" page

Joshy is offline Senior Member

"Just listen to your body"

Primal Fuel
    I see some version of this in just about every topic and I suppose for a good reason. It makes perfect sense. If you feel fine when you eat a certain way, you're probably doing pretty well. If you feel bad, something probably wrong.

Here's the thing though: I pretty much feel fine regardless. I'm still young and healthy. The only things I can recall making me feel bad are 1) drinking almost a half gallon of milk in one sitting 2) really low quality box-mix waffles.

I feel the same after eating an organic chicken as I do after eating a plate of pasta or half a pizza. How am I supposed to know what's sitting well with me? How am I suppose to know if I have mild sensitivities to certain things? How can I plan out my diet better?

Thanks!

peril is offline Senior Member
    You may not be able to know. I never thought my diet was making me unwell, until I had a heart attack. 5 stents and a change of diet and lifestyle later it is obvious. You can do it my way or you can learn from the mistakes of others.

For your last question: PB. Good luck

Joshy is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I already eat PB. Just trying to fine tune things. I guess I'll just have to keep reading.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Yea its tough sometimes. You just have to really listen as closely as possible. Listen to your body as much as you can and use some common sense too. You may feel fine after some pizza but its common sense to me that a 4-8 oz grass fed steak with veggies is a billion times healthier. Right?

Do what you want to do.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I noticed it was about the little (really little) things when I first started tweaking. That and using myself as a guinea pig. Little things like a single zit (I never break out), slightly less energy, nasty cravings popping back up... that sort of thing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    I didn't think anything was 'wrong' with my diet either...till I changed my diet to PB and then tried to go back to my old way of eating. Thats when I realized I had just been numb before.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
    I didn't think anything was 'wrong' with my diet either...till I changed my diet to PB and then tried to go back to my old way of eating. Thats when I realized I had just been numb before.
    This seems to be the case with a lot of people. One has to give it a shot for 30 days and see how they feel at that point. If they don't believe it then go back to the old ways and then that person might start to feel the effects!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Here is how I interpret this piece of advice: if something is healthy, it will make you feel good because your body will like it. If it's too hard, if you are struggling, hungry, depressed, listless, weak, then you are probably doing the wrong thing.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

runnerbean is offline Member
    Do you do any sort of workouts? I'm pretty healthy too so feel pretty much OK regardless of what I eat etc. I do notice a big difference in my ability to train and recover when I take good care of myself, though.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    That statement is relative. Before eating PB I never knew how sick I was. Eating different foods had no noticeable affect because I always felt like shit, even though I didn't realise I felt like shit because I was so used to feeling like shit since its the only I could remember feeling.

Then when I switched to primal eating I felt so much better. After a while I started to become sensitive all that crap I used to eat. I guess my digestive tract and body healed itself and now I can feel the affect, whereas before I was constantly harming my body to the point I took that as the way I was supposed to be.

For example, last night I was talked into sharing half a 250 g chocolate bar. This morning I feel like I have a major hang over. Chocolate never used to have that affect on me before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast