Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paleolithic Diet May Have Included Grains According To New Findings page 3

AdrianP is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    I don't see the mention of "grains" (wheat, barely, souguhm etc) anywhere in that article.
    Keep telling yourself that enough times and it might even become true.

Powerful microscopes discovered traces of starch grains on grinding stones recovered from archaeological sites in Italy, Russia and the Czech Republic.
    Until about 12,000 years ago grains were thought to have been largely ignored by Stone Age humans, at least in part because they were difficult to process.
    But the stones' wear patterns suggest they were used for grinding roots and grains in a manner similar to a pestle 18,000 years before that, according to Dr Anna Revedin and colleagues.
    Dr Revedin, of the Italian Institute of Prehistory and Early History in Florence, said: 'The discovery of grain and plant residues on grinding stones at the three sites suggests plant-based food processing, and possibly flour production, was common and widespread across Europe at least 30,000 years ago.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...just-meat.html

Italian Institute of Prehistory? Definitely sounds like a front for "Big Ag". Or, or it is possible that "Big Ag" found out about the research and actually planted the flour on the instruments! Those devious SOBs. I bet they have training camps out in Iowa, where they are recruiting people to steal your bacon! Al Cornaeda is the new enemy. They must be stopped!

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianP View Post
    Keep telling yourself that enough times and it might even become true.
    I already replied to one of your troll posts elsewhere, but just so we're clear there's a difference between a "grain" like wheat, corn and soy and a "starch grain" like roots and tubers that are mentioned in the original PNAS article.
    http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20...93107.abstract

And until the definitions change, I'll keep telling myself that there is a difference. I'm one of the lucky one's who can eat grains with almost no drawbacks. I just cut them out, and limited my fruit intake, to make more room for that Healthy Bacon Fat.
    Last edited by barryman9000; 10-19-2010 at 10:21 AM.

AdrianP is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barryman9000 View Post
    And until the definitions change,
    Sure, define it however it suits you. That's what cult members usually do. I don't like the definition the way it is, so I will change it. FAIL.

But the stones' wear patterns suggest they were used for grinding roots and grains in a manner similar to a pestle 18,000 years before that, according to Dr Anna Revedin and colleagues.
    'The discovery of grain and plant residues on grinding stones at the three sites suggests plant-based food processing, and possibly flour production, was common and widespread across Europe at least 30,000 years ago.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...just-meat.html

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    Balance. I eat omega 3 eggs, organic fruits, greens, avocados, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, sardines, wild caught alaskan salmon, organic chicken twice a week, grass fed beef once a week, black beans, legumes, brown rice, sweet potato, quinoa, organic tofu once a week, a glass of red wine a few times a week. No processed meat, minimum saturated fats, no refined sugars, no white carbs, no pop, no fruit juices, no chips.

I get the sense that a lot of what Marks says in PB is distorted on this forum by people with either low comprehension and intelligence or their own agenda.
    Why minimal saturated fats? Genuine question.
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Melissa McEwen at Hunt Gather Love did an excellent breakdown on this.

http://huntgatherlove.com/content/fu...ple-eat-grains

Also on the media coverage...

http://www.huntgatherlove.com/conten...media-bullshit

Quoted from the first link:

Of the nine species mentioned, one is a seed, the rest are roots and rhizomes.

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Sure, define it however it suits you. That's what cult members usually do. I don't like the definition the way it is, so I will change it. FAIL.
    I didn't define anything, nor did I change any definition. I was referring to the biological definition of Amyloplast "starch grains." http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/educat.../glossary.html

I'm pretty sure I'm picking on someone who has a severe reading and comprehension disability, so I have to apologize... I meant no offense, and that wasn't my intention.

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    in all the posts you make about this you keep posting a link to the same article over and over, and yet provide no other evidence.

do you have only one source of info to back up your argument?
    (a story which has been ripped apart numerous times now)

or are you going to keep listening to one source of info like....omg....a cult!

do you have any facts which support your claim that we are all wrong and that grains (as in wheat or oats etc. not as in starch sources such as roots or potatoes) are healthy and disprove the claims we make about grains such as wheat?
    Last edited by Vozz; 10-19-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Balance. I eat omega 3 eggs, organic fruits, greens, avocados, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, sardines, wild caught alaskan salmon, organic chicken twice a week, grass fed beef once a week, black beans, legumes, brown rice, sweet potato, quinoa, organic tofu once a week, a glass of red wine a few times a week. No processed meat, minimum saturated fats, no refined sugars, no white carbs, no pop, no fruit juices, no chips.

I get the sense that a lot of what Marks says in PB is distorted on this forum by people with either low comprehension and intelligence or their own agenda.
    Your food choices are not all that different than what PB recommends, other than including some foods such as legumes, black beans, tofu. If that works for you, that's great. Not sure why you feel its necessary to post in such a condescending manner.

Try some magnesium citrate or coconut milk. Get regular and stay regular and it may do wonders for you.

Louise is offline Junior Member
    I think it is very strange that some people would spend so much time on a Forum that is not suited to them. AdrianP ?? why are you here? Find a group that you can share you positive thoughts with, don't spend your time and mind on negative dialog, it is bad for your soul.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sure, define it however it suits you. That's what cult members usually do
    This is called projecting. Based on your past posts, it is very clear that it is you who resemble a cult member, lack knowledge/wisdom, have low self esteem, and is incapable of having adult conservations.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast