Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Paleolithic Diet May Have Included Grains According To New Findings page 2

  1. #11
    AdrianP's Avatar
    AdrianP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    I found this same article and posted it. I don't care if they found man eating grains 100,000 years ago. That doesn't mean I will switch back to eating them. I feel better without them, and I will stay this way.
    Of course you will. That is what cult followers do. They suspend all belief and follow blindly.

  2. #12
    AdrianP's Avatar
    AdrianP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by gator70 View Post
    I've seen this story alot over the internet, think "Big Ag" is behind this? Just a thought. I don't care for the most part, I will keep doing what I'm doing as I am far healthier for it.
    Yeah "Big Ag" is behind it. Everybody is out to get you. There is evil lurking everywhere. Enemies are behind every bush. LOL. They want to pry away your nitrite filled bacon. DON'T LET THEM DO IT. This is your way of life. You must FIGHT.

  3. #13
    bob loblaw's Avatar
    bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianP View Post
    Of course you will. That is what cult followers do. They suspend all belief and follow blindly.
    You are obviously a troll.

    However, you actually make a decent point. It's important for all of us to always evaluate new information and combine it with what we know to be true for our own bodies. If someone feels healthier without grains, why would that person add them back in because MAYBE our ancestors ate them?

  4. #14
    AdrianP's Avatar
    AdrianP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    You are obviously a troll.

    However, you actually make a decent point. It's important for all of us to always evaluate new information and combine it with what we know to be true for our own bodies. If someone feels healthier without grains, why would that person add them back in because MAYBE our ancestors ate them?
    On the contrary I think 90% of the posters on here are trolls. You have to be a real brainwashed nutcase to think that bacon is better for you than fruit for example.

  5. #15
    Kvalhion's Avatar
    Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianP View Post
    On the contrary I think 90% of the posters on here are trolls. You have to be a real brainwashed nutcase to think that bacon is better for you than fruit for example.
    Look at a history of your posts and theres no substance whatsoever. All you do is troll and call people cult members without anything to actually base an argument from other than insults. You'd think you would have something better to do.

    Oh well, you can go back to base and report to PETA that you did your best.

  6. #16
    AdrianP's Avatar
    AdrianP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvalhion View Post
    Look at a history of your posts and theres no substance whatsoever. All you do is troll and call people cult members without anything to actually base an argument from other than insults. You'd think you would have something better to do.

    Oh well, you can go back to base and report to PETA that you did your best.
    Wow, your first post and it's dedicated to calling me a troll. I am honoured. The leaders at Weston A Price must be sending in new recruits to try and discredit the latest news.

  7. #17
    AuntPol's Avatar
    AuntPol is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianP View Post
    On the contrary I think 90% of the posters on here are trolls. You have to be a real brainwashed nutcase to think that bacon is better for you than fruit for example.
    Hi Adrian -I'm just wondering exactly what diet do YOU personally recommend? I mean this in a sincere way. It seems from your posts that you are not vegan.

    I pesonally don't think bacon is better than fruit and that some people go overboard in their bacon worship. However, it's tasty and in weight loss mode, I can see using more bacon than fruit as a temporary measure. Of course, those with diabetic issue have to really watch the fruit.

    Mark certainly doesn't advocate overdosing on bacon: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/bacon/
    Here he says a diet of steak and bacon is not going to lead to good health http://www.marksdailyapple.com/are-t...ny-good-carbs/
    Here he calls it a sensible vice -http://www.marksdailyapple.com/sensible-vices/

    Then here he says there is no such thing as too much bacon or butter http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-much-is-too-much/ -not sure if that was a joke or what but its seems out of line with his other posts.
    Last edited by AuntPol; 10-19-2010 at 08:45 AM.

  8. #18
    chima_p's Avatar
    chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    489
    I don't see the mention of "grains" (wheat, barely, souguhm etc) anywhere in that article.

    I do see that they used a microscope to look at a grain (as in small partical) of whatever plant they found.

    I don't see anything that would discredit paleo or primal.

    I am not sure why they added the cooking bit. They could have fermented the starch just as easily as cooking it.
    Last edited by chima_p; 10-19-2010 at 08:52 AM.

  9. #19
    AdrianP's Avatar
    AdrianP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntPol View Post
    Hi Adrian -I'm just wondering exactly what diet do YOU personally recommend? .
    Balance. I eat omega 3 eggs, organic fruits, greens, avocados, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, sardines, wild caught alaskan salmon, organic chicken twice a week, grass fed beef once a week, black beans, legumes, brown rice, sweet potato, quinoa, organic tofu once a week, a glass of red wine a few times a week. No processed meat, minimum saturated fats, no refined sugars, no white carbs, no pop, no fruit juices, no chips.

    I get the sense that a lot of what Marks says in PB is distorted on this forum by people with either low comprehension and intelligence or their own agenda.

  10. #20
    Roach's Avatar
    Roach is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianP View Post
    minimum saturated fats
    No wonder you come off a bit prickish.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •