Thread: hello from alexandria VA, new to forum page

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member

hello from alexandria VA, new to forum

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading mark's blog for a while now. I went paleo exactly 1 month today. Lost 10.6 lb so far. My goal is to loose another 10 and see what I look like. I'm on a version of paloe where I still eat dairy and drink beer/wine, but I significantly cut down on the booze since starting paleo. Love this way of eating! If someone told me that I can't have bacon, then we would have a problem.

Anyone else on here from norther VA?

-----------

Your location: Northern VA

Age (If you want): 27 M

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: veg, meat, some fruit, nuts, cheese, oils, stevia, organ meat, seeds, wine, beer

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes, love an occasional good cup of coffee (no sugar with a splash of half-n-half; all kinds of tea)

Motivator for switching to Primal: needed to improve health, loose weight, feel better (looked at a pic of myself on the beach and did not like what i saw)

Favorite exercise: playing a sport where fun is main focus not the exercise itself

Favorite Primal food: lardo

Best part about being Primal: eating all this awesome food, i would not last long on low fat diet

Worst part about being Primal: passing up a rare urge to go get a double cheeseburger, with salty fries and wash it all down with few cold beers, but it's not even that bad, I can always get a burger without a bun with extra veggies, coleslaw instead of fries, cold beer in moderation and I'm still a happy camper
    Last edited by lardomuncher; 10-18-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hey there -- glad to hear it's working for you! I'm in Montgomery County MD, so not too far away.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hey there -- glad to hear it's working for you! I'm in Montgomery County MD, so not too far away.
    I was in Montgomery county a few weeks back visiting family. You guys have some pretty good places to run around in!

Welcome to the forum lardomuncher, congrats on your first month!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep, locally and also around the DC area there are tons of fun places for primal pilgrimages. :D