Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I have to keep counting calories? page 3

Tarlach is offline Member

Shop Now

Congratulations Raphael.

You don't need to count calories. Just keep your fat high and your carbs low. As you have found out, you can lose weight eating a lot of calories.

It is much easier to eat all you want and lose weight, than try to starve yourself

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

Well I have lost a lot of weight (lost 12Kgs in 6 months) even though I did not give up carbs. Just understanding how insulin works, is magic. Then you understand that you have to keep low carb phases, and you want to keep your carb down even if you don't give it up. Its simple really.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Guys, don't encourage me too much, I'm binging on pecans now, right after a huge fatty breakfast! :P

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

Don&#39;t worry about indulging, if its not empty carbs. I went from about 2200kcal to 2700kcal now. I eat as much as I want. I just try not to be too full. Occasional indulgence doesn&#39;t matter.

You still need to add resistance training. That is required to get rid of your glycogen, and raise your metabolic rate. MBR is crucial. The higher it is the more you can eat without trouble.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I&#39;m lift weight 3 times a week. Should I do more?

I try to make my trainings as intense as possible.

As I type, my legs, biceps and back are sore from the past few days hehe.

edit: Do you consider nuts carbs? I hear people in this site do... but they only have like 2 grams of net carbs per serving.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

@Raph: If it has carbs, I&#39;d consider it carbs I&#39;d also count total only and don&#39;t do the &#39;net carb&#39; cheat (but fiber is a different issue!). But I don&#39;t count anything anymore -- just eat when I&#39;m hungry and focus on fat first, protein second, carbs last.

The general rule I like for exercise: Walk every day, lift 2-3 times a week, and sprint once a week (but if you get too sore, don&#39;t be afraid to take a day or more off).

Vick is offline Senior Member

My wife and I have been going primal for about six weeks. We have been using fitday.com since around the 11th of August. We have found using this has been very educational.

My normal day in the past was about 2700-2800 cals and 197 grams of carbs.

My average day for Sept is about 2000 cals and my carbs are down to about 98 grams of carbs a day.

Sept also includes last weekend. With my son&#39;s wedding I definitely ate too many buns, had zero exercise time, drank at least 1 ounce of rye too much... and as a result after losing 10 lbs in August I gained 2 lbs last week.

For my wife and I using fitday and counting has been worth it from an educational process. We&#39;ve learned alot about the consequences and how they are measured.

As a closing note we had FlyNavy Wife&#39;s quiche for dinner last night. It is a great recipe.

Vick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123