Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I have to keep counting calories? page 2

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Grok never counted calories

I am counting carbs just until I get things down pat(I am only in week 3) I want to stay in the sweet spot of 100 carbs or less. but after I pretty much memorize the carbs of everything I am eating I ain't gonna count nuttin! xoxo Darlene

jkilbane is offline Junior Member

Tomatoes and Carrots are going to raise your insulin levels though. I'd cut back on those or cut them out completely to speed up fat loss. Just my .02.

If you are eating foods that keep insulin levels stable, you should eat until you're full(won't be hard)and forget about calories.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Tomatoes and carrots? Reeeeally? Are you sure? They're two of my favorite vegetables.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Jess, I've noticed on Fitday and My Fitness Pal that tomatoes really boost up the carbs. Makes sense, as they're pretty much a fruit...too bad, since I have an garden bursting with them!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Rusty of Fitness Black Book has prepared a free e-book for those who have a few pounds to lose.

Its something you do once a year, 3-4 weeks before vacation to be in the best shape possible.

Its not something you stay on. He helped two guys get to lower fat levels to see better definition and what he recommended for the them is in the e-book.

http://fitnessblackbook.com/swimsuit...-for-download/

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

F it. I'm enjoying my dang tomatoes! I love cooking them in a big pan with mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and celery...Ohhh yes..

tphillips1234 Guest

Folks its real simple eat plants and animals lol.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Tomatoes and carrots raise insulin, this is ridiculous. I already gave up fruits, so what am I to eat now, grass?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Raphael: Not everyone&#39;s metabolism is equally damaged! The tricky part is discovering your personal tolerance level for carbs, glycemic load, etc.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update.

So... before, when I started this thread, I was concerned with calories, and eating less than 2,000 a day.

Now that I&#39;ve started college, I don&#39;t keep track of them anymore, but I believe I&#39;m consuming over 3,000. I&#39;ve been eating a LOT more fats and proteins (a lot of nuts, cheese, and sausage.) I&#39;m also eating less than 50 grams of carbs per day.

12 days ago, I weighted myself and got 142 lbs, as I posted earlier. Today, I was down to 141!

Not a lot, sure, but it&#39;s something. But most important, I actually DIDN&#39;T gain any weight despite my high fat diet.

So... my point is that it works, haha

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast