Thread: UDO 369 Oil page

shoreline is offline Member

UDO 369 Oil

Shop Now
    Just wondering if anyone takes UDO 369 oil and their thoughts on how this fits in with Primal

Edo definitely does NOT recommend eating steak and is considered the "father of unrefined organic Flax oil"
    His products are promoted by ultra marathoner (vegetarian) Scott Jurek one of the greates athletes of all time

http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend_en.htm
    http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/p...r-Athletes.pdf

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Looks flaxy. That means your body would have to convert it to DHA and EPA, and we aren't very good at that... Also it makes it sound like the o-6 oils are special... Not so much.

Guess I'll stick with my fish oil!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Actually, its a pretty good product. He doesn't promote O:6 as special, just part of the package. There is more O: 3 in there than 6 or 9. Anyway, its been around for quite awhile. I know of quite a few people who have had great results with it in regards to eczema, arthritis, mood.
    Now..is it primal? Not particularly, he does love the flax which I'm not keen on. He does put coconut and olive oil in his oil which is nice. He does promote essential fats, and his book is a good read for someone to get started on the path to Primal or Paleo.
    It is good quality though expensive. If you can afford it, its a good buy. If you can't, you won't die without it. (Thank god! I can't swallow oil without vomitting)
    Calm the f**k down.

bclause is offline Junior Member
    I started using it about a month ago and am loving it. I don't love the price and taking it by the tablespoon is nasty. I've tried mixing it with food and it doesn't help at all. It also has Evening Primrose Oil which is great for skin, hair and nails among other health benefits. It has 6mg of Omega 3 (flaxseed oil) to 3mg of Omega 6 and 9. It does include Coconut oil along with olive and sunflower I believe. It is quite pricey and you can get the one with DHA. The problem with that one is it has less mg of the Omega 3. I find my skin is clearing up (no more small red bumps on my arms and legs). My nails are much stronger and I haven't seen any dandruff in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to finish using what I have and will buy fish oil in the future. I started my son on the Nordic Naturals orange flavored one and I see some small improvements in his behavior. He is Autistic with a high level of anxiety. He has been calmer when he gets upset. It's a good start.

shoreline is offline Member
    The tricky thing I find is putting all these fats and Omega's together. In otherwords how do i balance all these fats to the correct ratio. I have my Udo 369 oil, I use Olive oil on salads, I cook with coconut oil, I use hemp protein powder and eat hemp seeds along with a variety of nuts like almonds ,walnuts and seeds like sunflower and pumpkin. I have full fat yoghurt and eat meat and eggs. I'm eating so much fat that I'm wondering if I'm overdoing it and killing myself from all the fat. I exercise around 10 to 20 hours a week and have a job where I walk at least 10 km a day so I'm hoping this offsets some of my potential fat overload. To my knowledge balancing your fats is the most important thing for your health but I need a recipe book ie. take this at 8am and this at noon etc