Thread: Phytates Lectin Glutens page

drdavidflynn is offline Junior Member

Phytates Lectin Glutens

Primal Fuel
    I have been doing quite a bit of independent reading and have found that foods such as tomatoes, seed, nuts, and a variety of foods included in the primal diet do contain these so-called anti-nutrients. Can any of you shed some credible light on this seemin inconsistency?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    The biggest sources of these anti-nutrients are grains. However, nightshades, eggs, dairy, and nuts are also contain significant amounts of lectins. Some people find they do fine with lectins in their diets. I personally do not eat those foods as I have an autoimmune condition.

A diet that is mostly meat, vegetables, and fruits in the core of PB and is low in lectin, phytates, and is gluten free.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    There is nothing graven in stone. The PB is an intro meant to appeal to a wide majority and help many people by cutting out the biggest dietary culprits for disease. If you want to go further and cut out all neolithic foods (and all the foods you just listed are neolithic) and aim for a strict and optimal paleo diet than you should go for it. Best of luck.

drdavidflynn is offline Junior Member

thanks

Thanks to the both of you for your input.