Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beef hard to digest? page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

Beef hard to digest?

Does anyone else find that beef is hard to digest, and that it contributes to more body odor when you eat a lot of it?

Just wondering ..
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean "hard to digest"? I've never understood that term...
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
    Does anyone else find that beef is hard to digest, and that it contributes to more body odor when you eat a lot of it?

Just wondering ..
    Please explain how beef is hard to digest (heard that one from a Vegetarian [beef takes days before it fully exit your body), but never found any scientific study that proved it). I am never blotted/sick after eating beef (even a 16oz T-bone steak), so I guess my body digest beef very effectively.

BTW, I eat beef regularly and have not developed any offensive body odor.

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member
    well it's just like when i eat too much meat it seems like I don't go to the restroom usually and such ... ? It's hard to describe.
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    beef gets pretty much completely digested, so it wont make you go to the restroom usually and such as much.
    If the beef is cooked too well done sometimes I feel like it sits in my stomach a little longer. Add lots of fat and fibery veggies and you'll pass your beef.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    well it's just like when i eat too much meat it seems like I don't go to the restroom usually and such ... ? It's hard to describe.
    Compare to someone who eats lots of grains, mega loads of vegetables/fruits and little meat, someone on a Primal Blueprint probably go to the restroom way less. Since going primal and eating 1-2 pounds of meat, I usually go once a day (whereas before I used to go 2-3 times a day).

I will suggest to add more fat, and fiber rich foods (if you going days without going to the restroom). Fats will do the trick........

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Please explain how beef is hard to digest (heard that one from a Vegetarian [beef takes days before it fully exit your body), but never found any scientific study that proved it). I am never blotted/sick after eating beef (even a 16oz T-bone steak), so I guess my body digest beef very effectively.

BTW, I eat beef regularly and have not developed any offensive body odor.
    That is a vegetarian load of propoganda. Beef is completely digested and in a only a few hours.

Not needing to go does not equal constipation. Humans are not meant to spend all their time eating and crapping like cows, yet today everyone thinks thats the norm.

Look at the Inuit who on ameat only diet needed only to crap ~ once a week.

This is because meat is easily, and completely, digested. I've even heard it doesn't reach the colon (and I wouldn't be surprised if thats true) but I've no desire to research any further. Foods that cannot be properly digested (i.e grains) cause you go to the toilet more often because your body wants to get rid of them.

Eat more steak and enjoy the extra time you have now that you are not spending as much time on the can.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    No. The answer is no. I mean not unless you're bad at digesting. It is quite a lot of protein and fat and it's tougher than fish and poultry. But nah, I usually feel my best after a large slab of beef and want to go running.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Where are you? Are you in Asia, especially a rural area? If so there might be a recognizable difference in body odor. Recognizable, not offensive. Among western beef eaters there won't be any odor at all. You will just smell like one 'of the boys' and girls, of course.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

cookie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    lean meats tend to give me a stomach ache and give me hard stools that can take a long time to poop out. i really stay away from lean cuts of beef and chicken for this reason. try sticking with fatty meats for a while. see if the fat content helps you at all. it helped me a ton.
    good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast