Thread: Carbohydrate cycling? page

JudoJosh is offline Junior Member

Carbohydrate cycling?

Shop Now
    Has this been adressed before? Or logged before? I am thinking of trying something like CKD but make it paleo and use potatoes and quinoa as me carb refeeds. Also thinking about cycling between high, med, and low carb days thorughout the week and have them correspond with my workouts for the week.

Just interested to see if anyone has tried to do something like this but primal style?

Judoman is offline Member
    Hey, Judojosh, where do you Judo?. Anyway, I'd eat "normal". What I mean is, my sensei used to have us stop meat 2 days before tournyments. Every time I'd blow it off and just eat , I did better. Follow the primal stuff. Carb loading is bunk in my un professioanl opinion.

Vineland Judo Club.. and I wasnt really reffering to the practice of carb loading I was talking about carb cycling. It is a dieting technique used to get lean gain and loose weight. I have did it before in the past and it worked great thats why I was thinking of doing it again but just primal style

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    And Rob Faigin's website:

http://www.hormonalfitness.com/hormonal-fitness.htm

He recommends two carb refeed meals a week, and the rest low carb, and has good science behind the recommendation. His book, "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" makes very interesting reading.

thanks for the links guys. Ima read them tomorow after class.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    I do this Josh, to keep the weight on and hunger ticking over. I use sweet potatoes and yam - potatoes don't agree with me and quinoa, although a 'non-grain', is still problematic due to its saponin content which can damage gut lining cells.

Avarim is offline Member
    How much grams of carb do you usually take in a refeed in order to make it work?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I don't measure out the amount of carbs that go into my refeed, but I do eat a decent sized sweet potato as a refeed and I tend to eat less fat than I normally would to accommodate the additional carbs.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    +1 I drop the fat and eat enough carbs and protein to make myself feel as full as normal. Probably 200-300g in a refeed day I would guess.