Thread: Hi From Delaware! page

Bayhon is offline Junior Member

Hi From Delaware!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi-

Kathy from Delaware. Just found this site and I'm looking forward to getting to know others here. I've been on my journey since July 24, 2010 and I've lost 28 pounds between then and this post. It's a constant struggle- making the right choices, etc. I keep a food journal and I count my calories. I walk daily as well. I have trouble with staying positive when I have a gain, or when I only see 1/2 a pound or no weight loss. I know that there are many reasons for not having a loss, but it's hard to not get discouraged. I know there are changes taking place, since some of my clothes are getting baggy, and others are getting more comfortable!

Looking towards my next goal, which is 270. I would like to eventually get to between 190 and 200.

Always looking for buddies, so send me an email if you wish.

bayhon1965@aol.com

jesserja is offline Junior Member
    Hi Kathy,

Great to see you on here. This website is a great step to take on your road to weight loss. I've found that getting informed on the way food affects your body keeps you motivated to make the right choices when consuming things. When you know what that donut or bowl of oatmeal is gonna do to your innards it makes you not want to eat it.
    In my opinion you should avoid the scale and use how you feel as a guide to your success. Using your clothes as a gauge is also a good idea.

Keep up the good work!

Tina.

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

I have no advice to offer; just learning my way around, myself.

I just wanted to say I wish you well and when your brain starts berating you because you strayed, focus on what you've accomplished. It's not about weight loss. It's really about being in tune with your body ... learning what works (and does not work for you because we all have differences) and trusting your body. As you gain experience and confidence, you will naturally make the best choices for you.

best wishes

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhon View Post

Hi-

Kathy from Delaware. Just found this site and I'm looking forward to getting to know others here. I've been on my journey since July 24, 2010 and I've lost 28 pounds between then and this post. It's a constant struggle- making the right choices, etc. I keep a food journal and I count my calories. I walk daily as well. I have trouble with staying positive when I have a gain, or when I only see 1/2 a pound or no weight loss. I know that there are many reasons for not having a loss, but it's hard to not get discouraged. I know there are changes taking place, since some of my clothes are getting baggy, and others are getting more comfortable!

Looking towards my next goal, which is 270. I would like to eventually get to between 190 and 200.

Always looking for buddies, so send me an email if you wish.

bayhon1965@aol.com
    Bayhon,

You are doing GREAT ! 2 lbs a week weight loss on average per week is amazing, but not sustainable. IMO, you will be averaging closer to 1 lb a week and that is equally great, but more sustainable & healthy.

See this link for info on dropping from one plateau to the next. Called Stalls & Whooshes:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html
    This is the way it works. I'm now working on my 216 lb Plateau. Was at a high of 235 this year, and am losing about 1 lb a week on average.

Best to you,
    Grizz