Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Blog - Fed Up and Ready for Change page 2

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Welcome mate and good luck with it
    yr actually about the same height weight as me when i started (im 6ft 3 and was 108 when i started)
    Im now 5 weeks in and 103.5 - have lost a belt size and a half .. and feeling much better .. im also doing marks free weights program and the progress there has been pretty good to (from a low base)

listen to the advice here and cold turkey the coke zero, and if u do the straight switch off carbs and sugars then be prepared for a couple of weeks of feeling like crap - its called carb flu and its horrible ... but it does pass
    theres a primal aussie group u can find in the grps section ....

good luck with it all

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kiwineil View Post
    Welcome mate and good luck with it
    yr actually about the same height weight as me when i started (im 6ft 3 and was 108 when i started)
    Im now 5 weeks in and 103.5 - have lost a belt size and a half .. and feeling much better .. im also doing marks free weights program and the progress there has been pretty good to (from a low base)

listen to the advice here and cold turkey the coke zero, and if u do the straight switch off carbs and sugars then be prepared for a couple of weeks of feeling like crap - its called carb flu and its horrible ... but it does pass
    theres a primal aussie group u can find in the grps section ....

good luck with it all

cheers
    Thanks Neil

Yeah im going to be prepared for feeling like crap. maybe just walking to the gym and 45 mins weights will be enough to make me tired as hell from having limited carbs or sugar. Well done on the progrss mate your almost under the 100kg mark. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by jayjayselmes; 10-17-2010 at 03:55 PM.

runnerbean is offline Member
    When I quit drinking Coke, I switched to sparkling water with a bit of lime juice for flavour. Found that a really good substitute.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnerbean View Post
    When I quit drinking Coke, I switched to sparkling water with a bit of lime juice for flavour. Found that a really good substitute.
    Exactly what I did. I found it a very nice drink.

Quote Originally Posted by runnerbean View Post
    Thanks runner i might try lemon and add some lemon with my water. Its lunch time now and im craving a coke zero. Ive got my figi water with me and wont fail!

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    OK Jason. Accountability time - how much Coke* did you have? really.

*before you take a literal approach to my question and answer none, by Coke I mean any version of Coke, Pepsi or you-know-what-I-am-talking-about, regardless of whether its sugar free, aspartimine free, caffiene free, colour free, Max free or bubble free....

batty is offline Senior Member
    good luck! we'll be here for you if you need it kicking the pop addiction is really, really stinkin hard, but you will definitely feel better in the long run. hell, i dropped 10 pounds by cutting out the mountain dew. you can do it!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Hey there Jason (waves from across the Nullabor )

Good luck with your goals, can't wait to see how you go, you're pretty hot looking already so you will be smokin' when you get there!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    NOOO! Just stop the soda. Its killing you in so many ways. Promise yourself to just go one day ... and see how different you feel.
    JJ,

+1 Ditto to that.... Just say NO to all grains, Just say NO to all Sugars, Drink water, tea, coffee. Put lemon juice in your water to spice it up.

Eat liberally from meat, eggs, fish and fruits, veggies & nuts. Carry a bag of Almonds with you at all times, so if you get uncontrolled cravings, just eat a handful of Almonds and it will go away.

Please read my links below the line about grains, and sugars.

We know you can do this,
    Grizz

edz
    edz is offline Junior Member
    Jay, unless my eyes are deceiving me, I came across some of your YouTube videos when I discovered PB. Chin-up and find some of the enthusiasm through these boards.

We have an ‘all you can drink’ fridge-full of soft drinks at work and in my whole time here (approaching 2 years) I have never taken a can. It’ll be hard for you, no doubt, cravings will be brutal; after all it is an addiction. Ride through the storm, you’ll be glad you did.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast