Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ack...Vegetarian needs help page

blukazu is offline Junior Member

Ack...Vegetarian needs help

Primal Fuel
    I know, I know.....

But I just can't do it. I've tried. Chicken, fish, beef, lamb.....it all tastes terrible to me. Except bacon and pepperoni. I've been a vegetarian most of my life, simply because I can't stand the taste/texture of meat/poultry/fish

So what do I do?

Tofu is low carb, so that seems better than beans. But beans are less processed than tofu. Eggs are okay, but not all day every day....

Any helpful advice...please (I'm also needing to lose 40lbs.)

Cheers!

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Try eating the meat seasoned, or marinated, or in heavy vegetable soups. Dont eat tofu, if you like your soy eat fermented soy only please, like Miso for example.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    If you could describe what specifically you don't like in the taste and texture maybe we could recommend some different cuts of meat and methods of preparing it that you might find you like. I would stay away from tofu (SOY) either way. I've never been vegetarian so i don't fully understand your issues with meat, but there are others who have been there so I'm sure help is on its way.

I'm not attached to soy, particularly not tofu, but the carb count in beans is so high that I'm sure I shouldn't be eating those either.

Thanks for the ideas!

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    How about shellfish? Shrimp? Lobster? Think of them as bugs. ; )

I've never liked it. Even as a kid, I'd feed the meat part of dinner to the dog.

Maybe it's the softness of it--the only things I like (bacon, crispy peperonni) are crispy. I can handle a few bites of the really well-done edges of a steak or burger, but that's about it.

Seafood...no...way. I lived in Alaska for years, and tried soooo hard to eat fish. I can't even stand the smell of cooking sea vegetables.

You know, I think I could eat bugs. Hmmm.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    I'd suggest reading Nourishing Traditions. It has great information about people's nutritional needs and the best--and worst--ways to meet them. I question whether primal is right for you. Although it can be a quick way to lose lbs., to be successful (I think) means embracing a completely different way of thinking about food and exercise.
    Getting adequate fat from optimal sources, plus animal protein, are cornerstones of the dietary suggestions.
    Having said all that, eggs and cheese are good sources of protein/fat.
    Tofu is bad for you.

I already ordered it!

I wonder if it is really right for me too. I'm type A blood, jewish, east-european. Perhaps protein from lots of high-fat cultured dairy?

Thanks for your insight

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You can do this.

Tofu is NOT GOOD for you. Soy is poison. So are beans. I probably don't even need to mention how bad grains are, do I?

You MUST learn to eat fish or dark-meat chicken, at the very least. You cannot be a vegetarian and be successfully Primal. It is functionally impossible. You say you can eat bacon and pepperoni, so start there . Then learn to spice regular, uncured meat with things that make it taste better until you adjust to how meat is supposed to taste - which means going to places that know how to cook it, and eating it there, and finding out how they cook it so you can reproduce it at home. The problem is most likely that you don't know how to properly prepare meat, since you've been a vegetarian all your life.

But you cannot - CANNOT - do Primal correctly without eating some kind of animal protein. Flat-out, period, end of story.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast