Thread: Gastro got me on track! page

Coconut is offline Senior Member

Gastro got me on track!

Primal Fuel
    A day of gastro... all I ate was 1 banana and 2 apples. In the evening I was finally feeling a bit hungry and all I could stomach was a little bit of vegetable and left over roast pork. It was horrible having gastro, but gee it cleaned me out!

I've been trying to get off the carbs for months, a little addicted voice inside of me always urging me on to eat sugar and bread, even if only a little. But then once I start I can't stop and off I go on the roller coaster, grouchy and bloated.

As a result of a day practically without eating, my stomach shrunk, my blood sugar came down off the carbs, and today for the first time in a long time I could control what I ate. I chose to look at the gastro day as a day of fasting.

Now I know I will not die if I don't eat, I now don't feel afraid to go with out food again.

Today I felt calm, no cravings. This is how I want to feel! I assume this is how normal non carb addicted people feel?

Day 3 tomorrow and I desparately want to stick to primal food and only eat when I'm hungry.

Yay for Gastro!!!!!
    Last edited by Coconut; 10-16-2010 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Typo