Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: get me through a plateau HELP page

Stig is offline Member

get me through a plateau HELP

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been primal about 4 months and was doing well losing the wieght 22lbs so far but i have stay the same for the last 3 weeks get me through a plateau i have stuck to the diet , and exersice daily mountain /road cycling ,walking , simplefit etc
    get me through a plateau

Grizz is offline Banned
    Your body is actually losing fat, but the fat is being replaced by more water. There will come a day when all at once the cells release the water, and you will suddenly drop in weight 4 or more lbs. You can speed this process up by Intermittent Fasting.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

Best to you,
    Grizz

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link Grizz!

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat. I've been struggling with plateaus for a month now. I lost almost 40 lbs very quickly, but now the weight is SLOW to come off. Maybe a lb a week... if that. So hard.
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Tynna,

Please don't knock a pound a week weight loss. IMO, THAT is a very healthy and sustainable rate of loss. Over a year, that is a whopping 52 lbs.

Best to you,
    Grizz

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    Grizz...I'm trying (truly) to look at it that way, but I got so used to loosing a lb every 2 days there for awhile, I got spoiled. :-) I have tried to make my end goal be 1 lb per week (loosing another 70-80 lbs by NEXT X-mas).

But thanks for the reminder ...
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Stig is offline Member
    Thanks for the link, i will give the fasting a go not try it yet ? its after loosing a bit of weight i worry that it has stopped and at 15st 12 i know there is a long way to go yet ??
    thanks

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Thanks for the link, i will give the fasting a go not try it yet ? its after loosing a bit of weight i worry that it has stopped and at 15st 12 i know there is a long way to go yet ??
    thanks
    Weight loss is not a steady process. Your body is resting up, getting used to being smaller, and getting ready to let go of more fat - but you can't force it to move any faster than it would naturally. Think of the PB as a way to acheive optimum health, not a weight-loss program, and you'll do better because the weight will stop mattering so much. It should be more important to see your clothes fitting better (and eventually falling off), to feel better and have more energy, to be able to do things you never thought you'd do (like climb stairs, or dance, or run) than to see one more pound drop off.

Throw away the scale - it's not serving you. If you absolutely can't avoid it, then use your measuring tape to track your progress.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Stig is offline Member
    Thanks guys

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    I have been on a plateau for a couple of months and started losing again by going with:
    - no dairy
    - no egg
    - no alcohol
    - no Dreamfields
    I cant say its easy as I was comfortably et with lots of good recipes....I plan to do this for a month along with no nightshades then reintroduce one at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast