Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Read "Primal Body, Primal Mind" by Nora Gedgaudes? page

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member

Exclamation Has Anyone Read "Primal Body, Primal Mind" by Nora Gedgaudes?

Primal Fuel
    What did you think?
    How is it different than the Blueprint?
    Have you tried to implement her advice?
    What has been your experience like?

I listened to Jimmy Moore's interview podcats with her, she sounds like a brilliant researcher who really knows what she's talking about. I'm tempted to buy the book.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Katt is offline Senior Member
    I have it. It's a good read and packed with information. Most of it medical. It's not exactly a how to book regarding food and exercise like the PB. It discusses a lot of physical and mental diseases that are linked to eating wheat, etc.

Cool, I bought it

You should listen to her podcast, it's really interesting.
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 10-15-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I read it, then I studied it. I like it. A fine book with a good deal of information. As was reported above, it is not really a 'how to' book. It provides the information and leaves it at that.

The only thing that I think is really contrary to Primal Blueprint is that she doesn't think much of consuming pig in any form because of the Omega 3 / Omega 6 ratio being too far out of spec for a healthy diet. She states that the ratio is about 25 to 1 (6 to 3), and healthy is considered at most 4 to 1 (6 to 3). I researched that ratio and found that she was right. She doesn't agree with Mark's idea---(eat it and take supplements to make up for the 'badness').

The preceding is not condemnation of Mark. His thing will work, I guess. I just prefer to eschew the pig and not use so many supplements. Besides, I have my own habits that push the limits of primal blueprint, and a few that actually break the rules.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

What about bacon? Y_Y
    What about fruits?

Her diet sounds fairly strict. But I got the book anyway.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I usually find her podcast interminably boring. I really, really, really tried to like it. I usually keep a few episodes on my iphone just in case I get stuck somewhere and run out of other stuff to listen to. I wish Mark would do a weekly podcast! I'd pay for a great paleo/primal podcast...

Anyhoo...I've heard a bit of stuff from her hear and there and she seems very restrictive. From what I've read on her site and heard in her podcasts I'm not super interested in reading her book, but I may if I get around to not having any other paleo/ancestral diet and health books to read.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Haha, I was just complaining about it in my journal.
    She talk a lot without actually saying anything. And there's long pauses when she loses her train of thought.
    Jimmy Moore's podcast I always like. He's so cute trying to interject and asking questions

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Is there a way to get her podcast without having to go via Itunes? That's something I'd prefer not to clutter my computer up with if possible.

As for a great paleo/primal podcast - Robb Wolf has that covered.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I think you have to listen via Itunes to Nora's show....I've never seen it available via her site as just a link like Robb offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    As for a great paleo/primal podcast - Robb Wolf has that covered.
    I wish he'd do daily podcast LOL Or at least twice a week! Can't get enough Robb Wolf and Andy Deas....those 6 listeners are NOT wrong LOL

eta: I like a lot of Jimmy Moore's podcast as well. Of course the first thing I did was download all the episodes with "paleo" folks! A lot of interesting info and Jimmy always keeps it lighthearted and interesting. Plus, he's a fellow South Carolinian
    Last edited by kennelmom; 10-16-2010 at 05:09 AM.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Robb Wolf? REALLY?!
    Hahaha, he and the other guy who do the podcasts sound like such meatheads... they have so many analogies and euphemisms for exercise I can no longer take them seriously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast