Thread: Just did a fit day check of my food, not sure if what I have is good? page

Neilfenstein is offline Member

Just did a fit day check of my food, not sure if what I have is good?

Primal Fuel
    I have 1914 calories in breakfast and lunch, so far, dinner will be a piece of meat and some veg, did a pre-emptive look to see total intake and got 2290 cals. I am 84.5kg and I do simplefit. I just saw the email about fit day from Mark and thought I will give it a go since I have honed a bit of knowledge.

I have seen that people have reduced their calorie intakes and mine shocked me as I thought it would be less/I was being good. I am losing weight slowly and not too bothered but if this seems high, addressing it slowly may be the easiest way.

I can breakdown further if needed.

Breakdown
    Carbs: 16% 98g
    Fat: 64% 163g
    Protein: 20% 115g

Thanks in advance!

Neil.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    When using FitDay (or other food trackers such as Fatsecret, Livestrong, SparkPeople, etc.) it is important to enter your foods as single ingredients, preferably, raw. For example, scrambled eggs would be entered as whole egg, raw; butter; heavy cream rather than using their listing for scrambled eggs (which includes an unknown amount of margarine and other ingredients). Also enter veggies, fruits and proteins as raw whenever possible. This way you can get the most accurate assessment of your foods.

Just thought I'd mention this as a lot of people new to food trackers use the finished food items listed and their numbers are much higher than what they thought they should be.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    To give you a good idea if these numbers seem to be on target it would be important to know what your goal is. Are you on PB for health or for significant weight loss?
    Your protien should be .7-1.gram of protien per pound of lean body mass.....so you need to figure out your fat %, subtract those pounds from your total pounds, and then you get your lean body mass
    If you are wanting to shed a large amount of pounds you might do better to get your carbs down further--BUT each person has their 'sweet spot' and it just takes a few weeks to find that!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

leonardotmnt is offline Senior Member
    Slight change in protein I think. I believe he shoots for .7 - 1 g per lb of total body mass, not LBM. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/protein-amounts-in-food/

Neilfenstein is offline Member
    Thanks, these are the things I was thinking about.
    Most of my food was entered as raw. I had an apple today which I dont normally eat as they have high carb content nearly 30g.
    My goal is to lean out so i could do with working out my lean mass. Is there a good way to do this?
    I have been doing Simplefit since christmas and I have gained muscle so dont like to rely on BMI calculated from height and weight, unless this is likely to be a reasonable way to do it. I am assuming that the calculated BMI is based on ordinary people not those who regularly do 60 or so pull ups and many more push ups in a week. I used a fat % electronic device a few weeks back and it said I was 24% body fat but have lost a bit of weight since then. It was a friends so not sure if I can do it again.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by leonardotmnt View Post
    Slight change in protein I think. I believe he shoots for .7 - 1 g per lb of total body mass, not LBM. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/protein-amounts-in-food/
    WOW I need to look into that when I get home to my book, I could swear the book subtracts fat mass.....always good to be checking ourselves!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!