Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: mmmm......bacon

mmmm......bacon

Shop Now
    Ok,just for fun.

What's your favorite kind/type/flavor of bacon and why?

Mine will always be thick cut pork bacon,from the smokehouse,not from the store.

i get thick cut, low salt, no sugar added, apple smoked bacon from the market.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

fresh pork side, no salt, no anything. just piggy goodness
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

What about that beef bacon,turkey bacon stuff? Anyone tried that?

The bacon I get comes straight from the smokehouse at the meat packer......pure smoky goodness.....

pork bacon is the ONLY way to go 4 me
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Here in San Francisco I buy mine at Prather Ranch Meat Company. I think the company who makes it is called Range Brothers. I swear there's crack in that bacon. It's thick- very thick- and has a touch of maple sugar or something... perfectly made- not too salty and not too sweet. It's worth every penny and I think it comes out around $1 per slice!!!
    Enjoy & be well!

Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC, HLC
    Certified Nutrition Consultant & Holistic Nutritionist specializing in Paleo nutrition
    http://www.balancedbites.com

Author of the book "Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle" available on Amazon.com

Shop Now
    for store-bought bacon, I like Beeler's that I can get at Vitamin Cottage. It's uncured, applewood smoked & a little thicker than the usual stuff.
    @leera: in our house we discovered a pork alternative recently (I just finished eating some moments ago) We got a bunch of applewood & borrowed a smoker one weekend. We smoked a whole turkey & 2 corned beefs. We discovered that if you pan-fry slices of applewood-smoked corned beef, you get something akin to bacon. Well, it's awful yummy anyway.