Thread: Supplement questions...?? page

Bukawww is offline Senior Member

Supplement questions...??

Primal Fuel
    I've heard a few people mention some vitamins/supplements to support fatloss, aid in prevention of diabetes/metabolic disorders.

Tell me everything you know about them, including whether it would be beneficial or harmful to add them to my daily routine:

L-Carnitine
    Choromium Picolinate
    Alpho Lipoic Acid
    Inosital

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    Supplements are a great addition to an already well rounded diet depending from person to person. Having said that R-Ala and Alcar are worth their salt. I generally use them postworkout or before my last meal of the day.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
    I've heard a few people mention some vitamins/supplements to support fatloss, aid in prevention of diabetes/metabolic disorders.

Tell me everything you know about them, including whether it would be beneficial or harmful to add them to my daily routine:

L-Carnitine
    Choromium Picolinate
    Alpho Lipoic Acid
    Inosital
    L-Carnitine
    Works well in the presence of a ketogenic diet and it worthless elsewhere from what ive read. if your primal you should already be getting it from red meat poultry and fish
    Choromium Picolinate
    again, you should be getting chromium** from beef, liver, eggs and dairy
    Alpho Lipoic Acid
    ALPHA* lipoic acid is soluble in both fat and water and again, found in red meat and organs, thus eat primal you dont need supplements
    Inosital
    annnnd again, beef heart and liver both have inositol** as do bananas and nuts

if you havent figured it out....you get thse eating primal. like most things there IS NOT MAGIC supplement or nutrient for weight loss/metabolism. if you rack up lcarnitine youre not balancing the other aminos you need

eat real food. include organs

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin D on the other hand, is a differnt animal. There are times you just can't get sun, or aren't making enough D from the sun you do get. The other is magnesium choride. Those are two I wouldn't be without. +1 on the organ meat.

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    Ok thanks guys...I am NOT partial to supplements, in general (I do take Vit D drops and a childrens muti daily). I definitely do eat a completely primal diet sans organs.

I'll look into the magnesium chloride...thanks!

Atlas is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't have much experience with the others, but I've taken inositol powder for several years for OCD/anxiety. I like the KAL brand because it is a powder, not in a capsule. I'm not familiar with its alleged effect on metabolism, but studies have shown that it is as effective as prescription antidepressants for OCD (and without any known side effects).