Thread: One of the things I like about this lifestyle.

One of the things I like about this lifestyle.

Shop Now
    It inspires creativity. I was home alone and nothing was prepared for dinner. I went rummaging and knew if I didn't come up with something quick, I would torture myself looking at all the junk in this house that I don't want to eat.

I grabbed some cauliflower, chicken, onion, baby portabellos and parsley. I sauteed all that in coconut oil and when everything seemed done or softened, piled it all on a plate, hit it with a little kosher salt and ground black pepper and devoured it. I actually hate that I didn't save some for my next meal.

Just a little while ago, I was looking for a snack. I had pears that a lady picked from the tree in her yard. My omelette pan was on the stove, so I sliced up the pear threw the pieces in some hot butter and fried them til they started browning around the edges. While I was waiting on them, I sprinkled some cinnamon on a plate. I took the pieces out of the pan and put them on the plate and sprinkled more cinnamon on top. Once they began the cool, they got really good.

I know this is probably not an eye popping revelation, but I wanted to express my pleasure over it.

The fried pears with the cinnamon sounds pretty damn good right about know. I wonder how that would taste fried in bacon fat.

You sound like me. This evening for desert I took a half of a banan and some strawberries and cooked them in butter and cinamon.

Oh yum...that sounds nice. I thought that was heading towards pear omelette...which might have been odd.

I agree it makes you be creative - even if its in a bid to actually use all that fresh produce. Though I have made some pretty hideous combinations of food in recent times. All a learning experience.

Oh, skin531, I know apples taste pretty damn awesome fried in bacon fat...

Damnit, now I'm hungry.....and I'm in the middle of an IF!!!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    The fried pears with the cinnamon sounds pretty damn good right about know. I wonder how that would taste fried in bacon fat.
    I would think bacon fat would go against the desert feel of the dish and make it more meal-like. But you have bacon in your avatar and I have a kid mourning the loss of Santa Claus, so I think you should try it.