Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal of Jazmin ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore ~ page 3

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day Eleven Addendum
    Or, The Day I Got Brave Enough to Post Before Pix. Sigh.

MmmmmmKay. I was not going to do before-and-after pix because my primary goal in joining PB is to get rid of migraines. Buuuuuut: I was just looking through some photos from a month or so ago, and I realized, I don't look so good. Oh Geez. Turns out, I am hella skinny-fat, and I am in serious danger of out-of-control muffin top-ness.

So, in order to motivate myself to not only get on the PB ~Eating Plan~ but to also get on the PB ~Exercise Plan~ I am going to embarrass myself by posted the hated photos. Especially the one of my face where I am all awash in multiple chins. OMFG! (I had to un-tag myself from that photo on Facebook because I didn't want anyone to see it.)

First: photo swimming in ice-cold water of the Tuolumne River in Yosemite. Ain't the scenery gorgeous? Look away from the skinny-fat whose swimsuit no longer fits properly . Sigh.

Second: Fatty upper arms and the multiple chins. Oh, the shame. I understand if you can't look at it.

Third: Muffin-top on display thru clothing. Motivational, motivational.

38087_404701307433_&.jpg38886_1457496549657&.jpg34744_1457471309026&.jpg

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jaz... just stopping by to say Hi!! Great pics... it'll be interesting to see in a year's time, huh?!

So glad you got your energy groove on, it's nice isn't it?

K... see you later!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Hi Minxxa! Thanks for stopping by! I'll stop by "your place" soon...

(And, I hope I'm a new me in a year.)

Jazmin

PB Day Twelve
    AKA, How Many Times Can I Almost Delete My 'Before Pix' Before I Run Out of Willpower to Stop Myself?

(And Also, the Day I Learned to Love 'Sprint Mowing!')

Dang, it sure is hard to Put Up or Shut Up, turns out.

I would REALLY, REALLY like to take down my before photos. I cringe every time I think someone may look at them. I have almost gone in and deleted them probably twenty times. Buuuuut, I keep telling myself this is a good way to keep myself accountable. I am great at the primal eating, but the exercise, not so much. Every time I cringe at my photos, it is like a kick in the pants to get up an go lift some heavy stuff!

Ummm, yeah, Sprint Mowing. Okay, that was awesome. Our regular lawnmower is on the fritz, so I decided to mow with our old-fashioned push mower. This thing is a great workout! Especially when you nearly run while doing it! Now that the rains have started for the fall/winter in Central Cali, the grass is going to start growing again. So, once a week Primal WOW: Sprint Mowing!

B: 4-egg omelette w onions and romano cheese
    L: Leftover pot roast, carrots, parsnips
    D: Leftover pot roast, carrots, parsnips

Headache: None.

Energy: Awesome!

Insomnia: None.

Exercise: 45 min Sprint Mowing; 30 min relocating wood pile

Chronically Inflamed Neck/Shoulder Muscles: Mild (maybe from Sprint Mowing)

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    You are braver than I.
    I wish I would have taken more before pics, cause the changes from the PB really are amazing.
    I have some stashed away in a folder somewhere, Im telling myself I will post them no later than my 1 year PB anniversary (Feb).
    Skinny fat or not, you're purdy.

Awww, shucks, 216. ~~Hella blushing~~
    Thanks, that will help me each time I almost delete my photos.

In other news:

This Year's Final Bell Pepper Harvest!

(May Make You Want to Take Off All Your Clothes and Roll Around in a Big Pile of Bell Peppers) (Or Maybe That Was Just Me)

Yes, it's like the devil's playground in summer in Sacto, but the peppers and tomatoes sure do like the heat here. We went out yesterday to take down the pepper and tomato plants but found we still had a lot of harvesting to do. About to make crock-pot stuffed bell peppers with some of the big boys! If they turn out, I'll post "After" pix!

Bells..jpgIvy and Bells..jpg

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    That is a lot of bell peppers!

Hey, don't worry about the pics too much. I can feel what you "see" in them, but I see a pretty cool, fairly thinnish chick. Yeah, maybe skinnyfat, but it's not as awful and horrendous and you think, believe me!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

TinaM is offline Junior Member
    Love the peppers!

I have to say that I also love cutting the grass, I have been mowing my .... I don't even know what to call it.... 3.5 acres of hell maybe with just a push mower.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Hi jazmin -- I think you look good in your photos! Happy and smiling in all of them.

I just wanted to say, CONGRATS on giving up vegetarianism! Haha. I have a lot of vegetarian family members and it's really frustrating to try to talk to them about their health problems, and I don't think even "The Vegetarian Myth" would help that much.

Hi Imasin, I know, you are right, vegetarians are HARD to talk to. (I know, because I was hard to talk to for many years.) I didn't listen to anyone, and even after I read The Veg Myth, it took me over a year before her message finally sunk in. So, maybe if you pass on the information, but don't expect any quick changes, you still might make a difference. I certainly wish I had listened to someone many, many years ago and stopped with the vegginess. Oh well. Regrets.

Thanks for your nice words. I am pretty happy most of the time, that's true, especially now that I have all this Primal energy! But, it is still hard to look at pix of yourself when you had one idea in your head of how you look, but the photo tells you something different. This forum is great for confronting your reality so you can get to work on being healthier. I love how supportive all the members are for each other's journeys. I will be cheering you on!

J

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast