Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal of Jazmin ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore ~ page 2

rio_sachairi is offline Member
    I haven't read all of your entries in-depth, but I must say that I can totally get rid of headaches when eating primal! I notice inflammation with grains, sugar...hope you continue to feel well.
    And isn't Kurt Harris FABULOUS?!
    Keep on keepin' on...meaty is marvelous.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazmin View Post
    Got To Say It Was a Good Day (I Didn't Even Have to Use My ... Oh YOU Know)
    I DO know!

Glad the PB seems to be working so well for you. Very cool that you got to see Keith speak.

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the encouragement you guys! Every time I hear someone say that they feel better on PB or that some illness like migraines goes away, it is so helpful. A couple of months ago, when none of the medications were working and I was wretchedly ill almost every day, I was ready to give up.

I really do feel like a new person as I have gotten past the one-week mark with this lifestyle change. I have so much more energy than I am used to that I can't think of enough things to do to keep me busy. It's kind of crazy, actually!

I love this forum! Is it possible that the most friendly, positive people in the world are all users of Mark's Daily Apple!?!

Also, MeatMe, it was really cool to hear Lierre Keith. I am quite sure I never would have picked up any of this PB stuff if I hadn't read her first. It would have just felt too sacrilegious to my vegetarian morality. But now here I am, healthier than I have been in years after only one week! Awesome! She was really a great speaker, a mile a minute, bouncing around from everything to grain agriculture to sixties counterculture and how that has influenced us health-seekers to this day, and how they got the idea that sprouts and tofu could make you healthy... fascinating! I think there will be a DVD of her talk coming out ... I will post it on here if I hear anything about it.

R

Interesting: Weight loss was a FAR secondary goal for me (getting rid of migraines, chronic body pain, and fatigue are my main concerns) but ... today at the doctor's office I hopped on the scale (I say hopped because I am so energetic now) and I had lost six pounds! (AND I am around that time of month so I should have actually GAINED some water weight like I usually do!)

Crazy! This PB stuff really does bring effortless weight loss, within the first week anyway!
    Last edited by jazmin; 10-19-2010 at 09:52 AM.

PB, Day Ten!
    We Have a New World Recordholder! FOUR Days in a Row with No Headache!

That's right, I am feeling like a healthy human being this week! (I started to say a "regular human being," then it occurred to me that regular human beings don't usually feel very good at all. What we are trying to be on this PB is HEALTHY human beings. Woo!) Despite a day running around to doctor's appointments (Eye doctor says my prescription is off and that is probably contributing to migraines, in addition to too much screen time - I think it was all about my bad pro-inflammatory diet, but either way, can't hurt to get new glasses.), I didn't get a migraine. In the past, a day of errands was always a surefire trigger for an evening head-explosion (actually, maybe migraines feel more like an IMPLOSION, heh).

Either way, this is FABULOUS!

B: Leftover PB Cookbook Chicken Curry, Leftover butternut squash
    L: Cottage cheese, avocado w salsa
    D: Pot roast from PB Cookbook, with carrots, parsnips, mushrooms, and turnips added in .... OMG, mmmmm

Headache: Thank you, and no.

Energy: Awesome.

Insomnia: None. (Also thank God)

Exercise: Gardening (pulled up all the tomato and bell pepper plants - it's definitely autumn here in Sacramento finally. Prepped the garden beds for the broccoli, garlic, onions, and kale I am about to plant.)

Chronically Inflamed Neck/Shoulder Muscles: Just a bit in the AM, wore off throughout the day.

conpewter is offline Junior Member
    Great that you are feeling so well on the diet! My wife and I started recently and it is good to see people with such dramatic results.

Hooray! Good job conpewter! How long have you guys been on the PB?

Also I am curious about how you both got on board together? Did you both read the book and decide to do it, or did one of you convince the other, or some other way?

Anyway, welcome! Do you have a Primal Journal yet?
    Last edited by jazmin; 11-06-2010 at 03:45 PM.

PB Day Eleven!
    Or, Who Needs to Take Meth When They Could Instead Eat Primally???

OK, OK, now I am not a meth user. But it has been on my mind recently as I saw a report claiming that Sacramento is the meth abuse capitol of California. (In addition, it turns out, to being the drunk-driving capitol of California.) So stay on your toes if you ever operate a vehicle in this city, that's for dang sure. Soooo ... I have had occasion to see the methed-up individual in action around town.

In fact, one night at the grocery store, a couple, clearly enjoying a large dose of the amphetamine, started up a conversation with us in Frozen Foods. It was as if they were a video recording that had been set to play at double-speed. Not only their speech but their movements were just lightning-fast. In addition there was this odd conversational tic where one of them seemed to be speaking aloud his internal monologue intertwined with his dialogue with us. Sort of like, "Hey, what brand of frozen fish do you guys like? 'Did they just hear me say that?' I don't really like the breaded fish fillets. 'Am I speaking out loud or is this all in my head?' What kind of beer would be best with those?" Fascinating. We talked about it for days. (I don't mean to be derisive. I have never taken the methamphetamine, but I am fascinated by the various and wacky effects it seems to have on people. Such an odd drug...)

Anyway, my point to all of this is, yesterday, I sort of felt like some of the methy folks act. I guess the old Energizer bunny metaphor will do here. ALL DAY LONG. Running around and around and around. Now, some people are naturally this way, but not I. In fact, my overall lack of vigor and energy has been commented on by ~possibly~ SCORES of people.

"You look healthy...? Why are you so tired?"
    "Did you have insomnia last night? Man, those circles under your eyes are DARK!"
    "Guuuuuuuuurl, you need to eat you some MEAT!" (At which I winced and felt superior in my strict vegginess. Heh.)
    "Come on, let's go do X...Y...Z! It will be FUN! Are you sure? Pleeeeease, come on?"

Well, not yesterday. I forum-trolled until I could forum-troll no more. I vacuumed, I scrubbed, I washed the laundry, I did 12 pushups (WOO!), I scrubbed the many dishes, I went to the co-op for some more PB food, I made several phone calls I had been putting off, I ran around the park with the Wild Wolflette, I blazed through my corporate law readings in less than two hours (a miracle, I can tell you - that has GOT to be the dullest subject ever taught), I ran around the backyard, I sat through my two-hour corporate law class like a meerkat on the alert, I organized my desk, I organized my undergarment/sock drawer (I know, right?!?), and then last but not least, I cleaned out the old leftovers/sauces/sugary things from the fridge and recycled or composted them, AND then I even did a special load of laundry for my BF who needed a certain thing for the next day cleaned AND made him coffee for the morning without feeling "put upon" as I usually do!

Why? I guess it's easy to do things to help out the people you love when you have the FREAKIN ENERGY TO DO THEM! What a revelation. I'm sure lots of folks on here can relate to some sort of chronic low-level fatigue. My question is: Can this possibly last? And if so, what will I find to fill my time? I can't even watch movies anymore because I can't stand to sit still and stare at a screen for that long. I guess I will either have to (A) take up a hobby, or (B) become a stellar law student by greatly increasing my study hours. If this level of energy keeps up, I am going to have to find something to do with it...

Soooo...

B: Hunk o' leftover roast
    L: Chicken breast w honey mustard dressing, apple
    S: Walnuts, dried fruit
    D: Leftover chicken curry, leftover eggplant

Headache: HA! NO!

Energy: No comment.

Insomnia: Nope.

Exercise: All kinds of craziness, including 12 pushups and a long walk.

Chronically Inflamed Neck/Shoulder Muscles: (Not even sure I should have this category anymore...)
    Last edited by jazmin; 10-20-2010 at 01:13 PM.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Hi, my name is MeatMe216 and I approve of this journal.

Good shit.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks MeatMe! I also heartily approve of your journal. Mmmm ... drooooooool....

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast