Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PB Cure for the Prostate page 3

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Guess it runs in the family. My mother made it to 86 without any prostate problems.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    Guess it runs in the family. My mother made it to 86 without any prostate problems.
    Periquin,
    HaHaHaHa, you are so funny! Thanks for your tip on Tribulus Fuel. I have some on order, should arrive this week.

The theory of why it works is simple. As we age, our bodies produce less & less testosterone. As testosterone levels go down, the prostrate enlarges causing urination problems. It is more complicated, but that is the simplified version.

Quote Originally Posted by TribulusFuel
    Clinical research shows 250mg of Tribulus Terrestris increases Lutenizing Hormone levels 186% and increases Testosterone levels by 40%. This is an amazing find for those looking for a way to increase their testosterone levels without long term side effects from prohormones or steroids. Additional studies showed that, in addition to a rise in testosterone levels, subjects saw an increase in libido, frequency and strength of erections and recovery from sexual activity. Other changes that where noted included: a reduction of cholesterol, improved mood and increased self-confidence.
    http://www.tribulusfuel.com/
    Yay, hmmm... increased libido, erections, recovery? That all sounds too good ;--)) Wifey might have to move into guest bedroom so I don't wear her out ! HaHa...

Getting back to theory:
    The Prostate & Its Problems illustrated.
    http://www.yourhealthbase.com/prostate/introduction.pdf

Focus on high Omega 3 fatty acids. NO sugars and lots of water
    Oils- Fish, Flaxseed, chia, perilla
    Nuts- Flaxseeds, butternuts, hempseeds, Walnuts,
    http://www.ehow.com/video_4982292_ke...e-healthy.html

Natural Cures: saw palmetto, Pygeum africanu, zinc, tomato
    http://www.healingdaily.com/conditio...d-prostate.htm
    http://www.suite101.com/content/cure...medies-a221178

Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam Jones
    I have the wonky prostate thing going on too, Grizz. I've noticed a definite decrease in how often I have to get up to piss in the middle of the night (sometimes I can make it through the whole night, something that was absolutely impossible before) after only about a month on PB, but I'm still dealing with those annoying, incomplete, stop and go urinations as well as occasional aches and pains "below the equator".

Random question. I'm 18, is it weird to have prostate issues this young? I've been dealing with this for a year or so now. I know it's stupid to put off a doctor visit so long for something like this, but god I hate doctors (and the entire medical system, at that). Here's hoping PB can iron this out!
    Jones, you are WAY too young to be suffering enlarged prostate & pains. How much do you weigh? Do you have Man Boobs? Excessive weight and excessive female hormones can certainly cause enlarged prostate. If you are not overweight and don't have man boobs, you should see a urologist soon. See a urologist anyway. All of us old timers suffer from natural prostate growth ( but not Periquin ).

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-18-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Jones, you are WAY too young to be suffering enlarged prostate & pains. How much do you weigh? Do you have Man Boobs? Excessive weight and excessive female hormones can certainly cause enlarged prostate. If you are not overweight and don't have man boobs, you should see a urologist soon. See a urologist anyway. All of us old timers suffer from natural prostate growth ( but not Periquin ).

Best to you,
    Grizz
    I've been on the weight loss journey for a couple of years now. At my peak I weighed about 290, and yes, I did have a pretty nice rack. I'm 6'3" and 168 lbs now, so in the "healthy" weight range, but I haven't been there long. My man boobs are mostly gone from the fat loss, but are still hanging around a bit, unfortunately (I still have some fat to lose).

Thanks for the reply, I'm planning to see a urologist soon.
    Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 10-19-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Styofoam Jones,

Please do keep us informed of your progress in this thread. Congratulations on losing over 100 lbs ! ! ! ! Wonderful, you have avoided machine gun bullets of health problems. My guess was correct, that your excess weight was creating too many female hormones in your body, thus resulting in man boobs, and prostate problems at an early age.

My order of Tribulus Fuel has just arrived via UPS today. This is a natural root extract designed to boost Male Homone levels of .Testosterone. There is nothing to be found on the internet suggesting that this will help our prostate. It is simply my theory that the prostate will shrink when taking this supplement. This experiment begins NOW. My wife is afraid that I will become a sex monster after taking Tribulous, because she read the label, where it said:
    "Enhances Libido & improve sexual performance." She has nothing to worry about because I've been at it 3 to 4 times a week already ;--))

My prostate is already much improved just from the Primal Diet improvements I have detailed in this thread. Maybe Tribulus will help both of us? More to come as this experiment gets under way.

PS) IMO, your experience will be repeated with ALL of those men on the "Biggest Loser Show." I suspect they will all be discovering prostate problems along with their flabby skin. The "Biggest Loser Show" does not discuss ANY weight loss problems, and has never shown skin flab.

PSS) Many thanks for your story here: You are confirming my theory that a loss of Male hormones IS responsible for BPH. Or to be more accurate, the ratio of Male to Female hormones is reduced causing the BPH.

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-20-2010 at 06:08 AM.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, it would be great if you could do some actual scientific research with your Tribulus. Get your testosterone tested before and after you take it. I have wondered if any of these testosterone supplements really work, and that would be one way to find out. Especially in someone like you that doesn't seem to have any libido issues.

Grizz is offline Banned
    John,
    You are correct. Blood testing for testosterone would be ideal, but I just don't want to pay for it.

I will know if it works by the effect on my urination. If this doesn't work, I have wasted far less than the cost of just one blood test.

Periquin, 68 years young has been reported taking Tribulus Fuel and has reported no BPH. See msg # 14
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...988#post239988

I know this is all circumstantial evidence, but that is good enough for me. However if the test results are good for myself, and if it also works for Styorofoam George, then we have a rather confirming pattern. Also good enough for me.

THIS is a great link, all should read this: Read more at Suite101: Increase Testosterone Levels: Here’s how to raise the male hormone testosterone levels naturally.
    http://www.suite101.com/content/boos...-levels-a35328

NOTE THIS IMPORTANT STATEMENT IN THE LINK:
    "Make sure 30 percent of your diet comes from fat – no more and no less. The body needs dietary fat to produce testosterone."
    Helps to Confirm my required FATS theory. ( Periquin & I drinking 6+ ozs of coconut milk daily )

TO: Styrofoam George,
    The above link suggests that my REAL problem for now is the big belly ( rapidly shrinking) It also suggests that Styrofoam George's BPH problems will naturally fade away because of his HUGE weight loss. ( well over 100 lbs) and his age, only 18 yrs old.
    Also note this statement: "...When attempting to lose weight, do it slowly: one to two pounds per week. If you exercise intensely and cut caloric intake by more than 15%, the body thinks you’re starving and stops testosterone production,..." In your case, this may be THE reason for your loss of testoerone, and your BPH problem. Let your body stabilize at this new weight & I'll bet your BPH problems fade away as your testosterone levels recover.

We are all learning from this thread. Of one thing we can be sure of.... ALL men begin suffering from prostate problems unless we do something active to prevent it.

Best of sex to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-22-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Grizz, it would be great if you could do some actual scientific research with your Tribulus. Get your testosterone tested before and after you take it. I have wondered if any of these testosterone supplements really work, and that would be one way to find out. Especially in someone like you that doesn't seem to have any libido issues.
    John,

I just discovered that there are cheap $35 saliva home test kits for testing Testosterone levels. Also saliva test kits for women to test hormone levels and more.
    http://www.testcountry.com/products....vsfhu=31393030
    http://www.johnleemd.com/store/prod_stest.html

So for those interested in before & after testing, this looks good. However, one week into the Tribulus test and I can say there is a DEFINITE improvement in erectile function. As in consistently HARD LIKE TEENAGER ! Prior to Tribulus Fuel, it was becoming a little on the soft side, good enough to keep the wife happy, but also enough to make me a little bit worried. No really big improvements yet in urinary function. So far it is the PB diet that has shown the biggest improvement.

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-27-2010 at 09:06 AM.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. Thanks for the links. Keep us updated if you do have any testing that results in increased testosterone.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Following this!

*polishes halo*

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I was suffering BPH symptoms starting in my early 40's. My MD ruled out cancer and really had nothing else to say about it. Aside from PB which I have only recently started I started taking a good general powdered vitamin/mineral supplement a year ago.(at age 47) Within 6 weeks the symptoms of the BPH cleared and also for the first time in forever I have had NO seasonal allergy symptoms at all this year.

These were not the reasons I started that regimen but I am amazed at the results.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast