Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New shoes coming out page

thanatos is offline Senior Member

New shoes coming out

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like the idea of VFF's but without the FF's bit. So with a bit of research around the net found these are coming out next year.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-us/Blog...d-b1419336c5b1

I'll be lining up for these I reckon. I love merrel shoes and to get the barefoot experience will be great.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. Really ridgy treads, I wonder if those will work so well? They look good though. Wish we could zoom on those pics.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    those look pretty good...though it looks--i could be way off--like they may be a little bit restrictive in the toes. one of the things i love about VFFs is that they let my toes flair out a little.
    i wonder if those would be a little more protective against temperature. i'm looking for a minimalist shoe that will let me play in the snow a little bit.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Here's a site with a closer photo of a couple of the shoes:

http://www.feedthehabit.com/outdoors...foot-for-2011/

I'm VERY interested in there. I love my VFFs, but I'd still like a shoe that I can throw on quickly and wear with regular socks when it's cold.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ditto RE: toe flare, primalrob. I am hoping my VFFs fit me better post-pregnancy than they do now. They're very narrow... If not I may swap over to a men's size. (My husband can wear my old ones, he has narrow feet and we bought the same size.)

I'll keep an eye out for these, too. Thanks for the links!

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone tried the Nike Free shoes?

Following the advice of Stu Mittleman, I bought a pair of sneakers that were essentially just 2 or 3 sizes too big. It allows the toes to "open up" in the toe box and gives a feel similar to when I've tried barefoot. The slightly extra length of the overall shoe takes less time to get used to than you'd think. This guy ran from San Diego to NYC in 56 days running 2 to 3 full marathons a day over that time and has set a number of ultra-marathong milestones. His book "Slow Burn" was an interesting read.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I love the FF part of the VFFs. I think these will have their own applications as well, though...

Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I'm VERY interested in there. I love my VFFs, but I'd still like a shoe that I can throw on quickly and wear with regular socks when it's cold.
    ditto.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I will def. be buying these, thanks for the link. Looks like the right balance between natural and protective, and Merrells always fit me.

CeeEssEss13 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Setabas View Post
    Has anyone tried the Nike Free shoes?

Following the advice of Stu Mittleman, I bought a pair of sneakers that were essentially just 2 or 3 sizes too big. It allows the toes to "open up" in the toe box and gives a feel similar to when I've tried barefoot. The slightly extra length of the overall shoe takes less time to get used to than you'd think. This guy ran from San Diego to NYC in 56 days running 2 to 3 full marathons a day over that time and has set a number of ultra-marathong milestones. His book "Slow Burn" was an interesting read.
    I like my Frees but they're a bit small because I didn't think about the spreading. I'm not sure about VFF's yet as we're doing mostly walking still and the lack of heal is pretty painful. But the Frees have been a nice transition in the right direction for me. I couldn't just make a switch like that.

@thanatos: Thanks for the update on Merrells! I missed that on my shoe sites.

VFF is also releasing a new Bikila in 2011. It has laces. I'm holding out for those to try out.
    http://birthdayshoes.com/bikila+ls:

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Wow, think I'm gonna hold out for those VFF Bikilas. Thaaat's more like it (for me).

Sweet. Thanks for posting this info up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast