K.ROB is offline Senior Member

Priorities for Eating Paleo on a Budget

Primal Fuel

Wink Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed my post on paleo eating quality priorities

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Very nice, Diane. Thanks!!!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Very useful and informative article. The Priority for Protein section was very helpful for me in understanding why grain fed meat is bad for you. It took a little brain power to figure out that I should buy organic from the dirty dozen and non-organic from the clean 15. It was a little confusing because the article never encourages people to buy non-organic in order to save money.

Thanks for that feedback- maybe I'll clarify in my post a bit more about when buying non-organic veggies/fruits is okay!
    Enjoy & be well!

Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC, HLC
    Certified Nutrition Consultant & Holistic Nutritionist specializing in Paleo nutrition
    http://www.balancedbites.com

Author of the book "Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle" available on Amazon.com

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane @ Balanced Bites View Post
    Thanks for that feedback- maybe I'll clarify in my post a bit more about when buying non-organic veggies/fruits is okay!
    I like the "quality matters" PDF guide. I'm thinking about printing it out and giving it to my butcher who sells grass fed beef. In a conversation I had with this butcher I came to learn that he doesn't understand why grass fed beef is better for you than grain fed beef. Thanks to your article, I can now explain why it is to him better. I think I'll point him to your article. Thanks!

Feel free to print and re-use it anytime, anywhere... just be sure to leave my name and website on it for the reference/credit. Spread the knowledge!!
    Enjoy & be well!

Certified Nutrition Consultant & Holistic Nutritionist specializing in Paleo nutrition

Author of the book "Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle" available on Amazon.com

venam is offline Member
    I am a college student so I have implemented some of the ideas in this guide. I wish I would have read this when I was starting, I spent way too much money in food the first 6 months or so. I save a lot by buying lean conventional meats and buying grass-fed butter (kerrygold). I also skip already-made coconut products (except for oil) and instead by coconut and make it myself (coconut milk ends up being 1/3-1/2 the price). I also skip most fruits and instead get my carbs from starchy tubers (sweet potatoes, taro, etc) drenched in that awesome grass-fed butter I mentioned before.

(thought I would add my 1 cent)

Thumbs up

@venam -

I'm glad you liked the post and that it made sense to you- it sounds like you ended up following those rules sort of by default after your own discovery of ingredients/cost/etc. Good for you! Where do you go to college? I'd love to talk to you more about how you make Paleo/Primal work for you while in school.
    Enjoy & be well!

venam is offline Member
    I go to school at The University of Florida (Go Gators!). Feel free to PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast