Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine: You Evil Mistress page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Caffeine: You Evil Mistress

Primal Fuel
    I have had no problem going primal... love it!... I stay away from carbs... I eat meats and veggies! I don't drink , I don't smoke...

But caffeine... is an evil mistress.

Diet Soda in specific.

I have given up soda at least three times this year... it lasts for usually a month or sometimes up to three. Then I allow myself one a week (which is where I want to be).

Then... it creeps up on me... one a week turns into four... then four a day.... YEEESH.

So here I am... on day two of only drinking water and I just... wanna... die...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Unignorant is offline Junior Member
    You might consider replacing one evil mistress with another. Just make sure the new one is a bit more respectable.

For instance, Yerba Mate. Still caffeinated, but the energy is different. Its a reasonable source of minerals, too.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Caffine is not the evil mistress compared to the diet soda's Harem of evil chemicals! My husband was walking with a cane at 55 yrs old! He finally had a doctor (friend) walk up to him and say "I can get you feeling better, probably off that cane, if you just do what I tell you to do" My husband figured the first thing was giving up the cigarettes, like he has tried to do so many times. Nope, he took him off diet pepsi, because he suspected he was being poisoned by asparatame, sure enough, 2 weeks in he was feeling SO much better and by the 4th week he was without the cane!

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Oh my gosh! I love Yerba Mate with a splash of mint, or some mint leaves and then a splash of coconut milk. By itself it tasts a little hay-ish, but man I love it, great natural buzz

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I drink green tea all day at work. It has some caffeine, but I'm good with it. I really don't see that it's having any negative effects on me. With diet sodas I'd be more worried about the artificial sweeteners than anything else. I suppose you could get some of the stevia sweetened diet colas and that would be a shred better.

Ryano is offline Junior Member
    Funny you bring up this topic. I have been without diet soda for about a month now. Yesterday I went to a work lunch and all they had was Soda and diet soda so I got a diet soda and drank that with lunch. About 2 hours after drinking it I felt like complete crap. I lost all my energy and got a terrible headache and didn't feel good at all. I went home and took a Grok nap. Woke up and still felt bad. I didn't feel better till I woke up this morning. The only thing I had yesterday different was the diet soda so Ive got a pretty good feeling it was that. Let's just say i won't be drinking Diet or regular soda anytime soon.

SN: Always take a bottle of water with you lol
    "It is your responsibility to control the outcome"
    "In our society, people respect weight loss. Even if you do nothing cool or interesting or memorable for the rest of your life, you'll have done that."
    "Is a brief moment on the lips, worth a long time on the hips?"

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I love my coffee. It truly enhances my life. I gave it up twice for extended periods of time, when I was pregnant and nursing my kids. (So, almost 3 years for each kid.)

Couldn't wait to dive back into my coffee habit. I love the taste of it, i love the experience of holding a hot mug in my hand and letting it waft into my nostrils, and I love the way it makes me feel afterwards. I've never heard a convincing argument for giving it up. We're talking quality of life here!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't that be more sugar than caffeine? Pre primal I hated the taste of diet soda and I used to heavily dilute regular soda. I was conscious of sugar even before ever hearing the word "paleo" or finding MDA.

Try diluting your soda for now, it'll be easier to wean yourself off it that way... gradually increase the water to soda ratio obviously...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    I love my coffee. It truly enhances my life. I gave it up twice for extended periods of time, when I was pregnant and nursing my kids. (So, almost 3 years for each kid.)

Couldn't wait to dive back into my coffee habit. I love the taste of it, i love the experience of holding a hot mug in my hand and letting it waft into my nostrils, and I love the way it makes me feel afterwards. I've never heard a convincing argument for giving it up. We're talking quality of life here!
    My ONLY issue with coffee is coffee breath...

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post

I'm with you on coffee! I am very ritualistic about it. I know that sounds ridiculous. haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast