Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had my first "cheat" in almost 3 weeks page

momofredheads is offline Senior Member

Had my first "cheat" in almost 3 weeks

Shop Now
    I just posted this in my journal and thougth I would share with the rest of you, I had my first cheat since going primal and that was a half of a brownie. I didn't feel guilty about it because I really have been 100% primal since the beginning and I just wanted to see if it tasted different after all this time....it tasted really too sweet and then a funny thing happened about an hour after it.......I got sooo sick to my stomach...and the brownie came right out. I HATE vomitting, I refuse to do it even with the vilest stomach bug, this was like my body taking it and throwing it out literally. I can honestly tell you that I will never eat it again, not after that feeling I had, who wants to waste an hour and half of your life in excruciating pain from some brownie....the taste so wasn't worth the pain.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momofredheads View Post
    I just posted this in my journal and thougth I would share with the rest of you, I had my first cheat since going primal and that was a half of a brownie. I didn't feel guilty about it because I really have been 100% primal since the beginning and I just wanted to see if it tasted different after all this time....it tasted really too sweet and then a funny thing happened about an hour after it.......I got sooo sick to my stomach...and the brownie came right out. I HATE vomitting, I refuse to do it even with the vilest stomach bug, this was like my body taking it and throwing it out literally. I can honestly tell you that I will never eat it again, not after that feeling I had, who wants to waste an hour and half of your life in excruciating pain from some brownie....the taste so wasn't worth the pain.
    How much did you mentally antagonize yourself over the brownie? In three weeks your body is not able to chemically shift so radically that what you ate would be violently rejected to the point of physical expulsion.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but it is good to be aware of mental hangups instead of attributing them to physical manifestations.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, half a brownie in a 3 week period is barely a blip on the nutritional radar. Sucks about the throwing up part, kinda takes all the joy out of it. I'm not going to lie, on the rare occassion I do eat something like that I thoroughly enjoy it. I'm not one of those that now doesn't like the taste of that kind of stuff. I just don't NEED it anymore and can say no without any cravings or feeling like I'm missing out.

I didn't mentally agonize over it at all, actually I didn't have any time to even think about it. I ate it, I left the house to take my kids to Awana and threw up in the bathroom at church......went back to game time with the 40+ kids that I was in charge of and life went on...who the heck had time to agonize over a brownie, I just thought it was interesting that I would actually get that sick from it. I had brought the brownies because I signed up over a month ago to bring them for the kids in Awana as a snack, that is the only reason we had, had them...thanks for being rude Rivvin, sheesh.
    ~*Lori*~

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member
    I think your body can tell a difference pretty quickly actually as you said... I have a slight addiction to dried fruit, eat it, (too much of it i'm sure) then feel sick afterwards.. I don't physically throw up but it makes my stomach sit so heavily. Ugh!!

Live & learn right?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Babe View Post
    I think your body can tell a difference pretty quickly actually as you said... I have a slight addiction to dried fruit, eat it, (too much of it i'm sure) then feel sick afterwards.. I don't physically throw up but it makes my stomach sit so heavily. Ugh!!

Live & learn right?
    ooo I love dried fruit too, but I haven't had it in a while. I have found that even wine is too sweet and my taste buds have changed for sure, I never thought wine was sweet before, it was always dry. Definitely a live and learn moment, that is not to say I will never have a desert, but just not brownies ...now cheesecake that is another story My mom makes a mean cheesecake...gotta wait till Thanksgiving for that one though LOL.
    ~*Lori*~

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    How much did you mentally antagonize yourself over the brownie? In three weeks your body is not able to chemically shift so radically that what you ate would be violently rejected to the point of physical expulsion.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but it is good to be aware of mental hangups instead of attributing them to physical manifestations.
    umm....broscience....do you have a study for this??

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    umm....broscience....do you have a study for this??
    A study for what? That our bodies cannot so thoroughly change in chemical composition in just three weeks by eating healthy food?

I'm not sure if I COULD find a study for this, I just know how biology works and there is nothing in eating healthy food that within three weeks would cause the body to violently attack the ingredients of a brownie.

Throwing up is one of the bodies most extreme reactions and to trigger that reaction via a brownie would mean her body has so radically changed itself that it finds the ingredients of a brownie so repulsive it has to spew it out.

Here are the ingredients for a full pan of brownies:
    6 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
    1/4 Cup Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt
    1/3 Cup Flour
    2 Eggs

Let's say this recipe makes 8 brownies. She claims to have consumed 1/2 of 1 brownie.
    She has consumed:
    .37 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
    .25 tablespoons of butter
    1 tablespoon of sugar
    .33 tablespoons flour
    .13 of an egg

(my math could be bad here but I'm doing this in my head and typing this on a cell phone)

The only controversial ingredients here are sugar and flour and we are looking at a tablespoon or less of each. Unless she suffers from Celiacs at some of the highest levels possible or is allergic to sugar, there is nothing here that would induce immediate vomiting after having restricted oneself to meat and vegetables for 3 weeks.

I would agree that if one ate 4 brownies they might throw up if they were not used to having heavy sweets anymore, but 1/2 a brownie I have a hard time believing.

Great, now I look like an asshole by trying to explain my logic.

edit: this is why I think it has to either be a complete coincidence that she threw up or it was mental.

edit2: WAIT! I FORGOT TO TAKE SOMETHING INTO ACCOUNT!

If this was your brownie:

You are totally justified.
    Last edited by Rivvin; 10-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    im just saying.... it is definitely possible if her body was previous using and burning the food she ate(calorie burning mode/weight loss) and she ate a brownie it may have simply dsagreed with her. i dunno its been like 7 years since i have touched fake food so i can almost guarantee id get sick if i ate a brownie, let alone a piece of bread. 3 weeks vs 7 years obviously a big difference though, so point taken

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    my body reacted violently the first time I went off plan.....with about a 4'x6' piece of elephant ear at my 4th week in. Broke out in sweats, and was in the bathroom for the rest of the evening. Yes, you can 'work yourself up' and become sick, but that was not the case for me either.

Anyway, good to know what our body considers poison, and good reminder when we think we will just splurge now and then. Of course each person is entirely different and we all react differently, mentally and physically

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast