Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falling Behind On Bacon Fat page

cjbigcog is offline Member

Falling Behind On Bacon Fat

My bacon fat jar is always full (keep topping it up), even though I use some every day for cooking. I hate to throw out the excess, but can't find a way to use it all. Any suggestions on how to use more?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i'm currently working on filling up my third jar. i use old salsa jars so i don't have to worry about anything other than fridge space.
    i use my bacon fat for pretty much all my sauteing now, plus i'll use it to grease pans, grease my grill, etc. Bacon fat has become my all-around kitchen tool...and i still need a third jar. if you're concerned about having too much bacon fat, i suppose you could just--gasp--eat less bacon. at least for a day or two.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had that problem! I can't seem to keep it onhand. I use it any time I would use another oil/fat... I just can't seem to keep it around very long lol

I think I may go to the local butcher and see if I can get some fat to render just to stock up... Unless you feel like fedex-ing me some of your excess? hehehe

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I will also take some. My jar is always empty

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Also... how do you get excess? When I make bacon in the morning, I use all of the grease to cook the eggs, then pour the whole lot on my plate. The mixture of egg yolk, hot sauce, and bacon grease makes for a very yummy ketchup replacement for my eggs. The only time I get a spare quantity is if I precook bacon to use in a recipe.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I microwave my bacon on a bacon tray and then dump the grease into a coffee filter set over a jar for pure filtered deliciousness. I have 5 jars.

cjbigcog is offline Member
    My excess probably comes from using coconut oil to saute veggies or whatever else i'm adding to the eggs. I've thought about having a larger jar, or just more jars. But if I can't use what I have now, then what's the point? Also....Primalrob..you must be joking!

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Coffee filter! Genius! That would be much easier than using a paper towel.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Bacon grease mayo

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get the bacon is not bad for you thing, but when did it become a sign of manhood. I think some people here have taken the bacon thing a little too seriously. Maybe not the people in this specific post, but I have seen some others that made me feel guilty for eating lox instead. BTW I made the PB chopped liver last week. I sauted the livers in my extra bacon fat. It was pretty damn good.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast