Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here like the taste of Kefir milk? Bought my first quart today!>>>>>> page

UpErMei is offline Member

Question Does anyone here like the taste of Kefir milk? Bought my first quart today!>>>>>>

Shop Now
    I haven't tried it straight up yet. I actually bought it for my egg/whey shakes. Plain yogurt is delicious to me where a few years ago it wasn't, so I hope I can acquire a taste for kefir!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I had it once, years ago, and didn't like it... I should try it again. Let me know what you think.

There was a little boy (probably 8 years old) in my local natural food co-op last weekend who got SO EXCITED when his dad said he was buying kefir. It was freaking adorable.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    I like it just fine in shakes, with some sweetener. Doesn't taste very different from yogurt, just looser. I think it's really high in probiotics, though; I seem to recall it could give me a rumbly tummy.

UpErMei is offline Member
    I sometimes wish I could have a "Do Over" with my kids---I'd raise them to eat much healthier. My kids just grimaced when they saw that I bought kefir......

That boy sounds cute!

PMAC is offline Member
    I make my own and I must say it took a while to get used to drinking it straight up. I use it mostly in smoothies and have recently started drinking it straight as a post work out drink (maybe 6 oz or so). But now I enjoy it but it is a bit sour like buttermilk. Like most things, it does require acquiring a taste.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I think it's delicious. Pretty similar in taste to plain yogurt and as PrarieProf said, a little looser. I think it's similar from a macronutrient perspective too, so if you're trying to keep carbs really low for some reason, be careful.

Xenya is offline Member
    I have it quite often... just had one for breakfast
    it might take some time to get used to.. but if you like the taste of regular yogurt ( such as greek) you should not have a problem!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    So where do you guys actually buy Kefir?

I've gone to Publix, Walmart, Winn-Dixie, the "odd" grocery store called Apple Market and none of them have Kefir. I have been looking in the yogurt section and the milk section. Where is this crap at?

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    I had a serious addiction to the stuff when i was a little one, i have it occasionally now and still love it.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    So where do you guys actually buy Kefir?

I've gone to Publix, Walmart, Winn-Dixie, the "odd" grocery store called Apple Market and none of them have Kefir. I have been looking in the yogurt section and the milk section. Where is this crap at?
    YES, I have the same question. Is it refrigerated in the store, or is it on the shelf near yogurt? Does it come in a milk-like carton?

Best to all,
    Grizz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast