Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I eating too much... I feel like a pig. page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

Am I eating too much... I feel like a pig.

Primal Fuel
    I feel like I have been a pig. I am only on day 2 of Primal recently transitioning from 6 small low fat meals per day. I don't want to track what I am eating because it will probably give me a heart attack at the fat amount and to be honest I want this to be a way of living, not like how I was living before, always hungry, always wondering what I was eating.
    Yesterday I only had 2 meals and was satisfied, but I didn't do a heavy session at the gym. This morning I did 1/2 hours circuit heavy weights workout with 20mins interval training, followed by 10 mins cool down.

Anyhow I have been super hungry so today looks like this:
    Breakfast 6.30am: 2 large mushrooms cooked in coconut oil with 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil and 3 cherry tomatoes.
    Mid morning: berries with a little yoghurt and some nuts and shredded coconut sprinkled on top
    Lunch: 2 boiled eggs on a mixed salad with some fetta
    Afternoon 1 cappucino
    Dinner: 2 sausages with leftover veg from a casserole and a little roast pumpkin roasted in coconut oil.

I am 165cm so about 5ft 6in and weigh 54.1kgs, would like to get down to 53kgs.

Any recommendations or does this look ok?

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    You're not eating when you're not hungry; you're eating good food when you're hungry. Hard to see anything wrong with that .

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    compare your diet and intake of fruit and veg to someone who eats grains...it adds up to no were near the same amount of carbs etc..thats how i think..

just eat when you feel the need to eat and eat till your full!

im only after a prawn stirfry and im starting to feel the need to eat again :P
    so clearly i didnt eat enough.

Cheers for the comments. I guess I'm so used to watching what I eat and just feel I am going to gain weight, so just needing some reassurance. After all on my previous lifestyle my calories were probably quite low and the fat low and I wasn't eating many grains just the oatmeal in the morning, but my body was never changing no matter how hard I worked out.

I'm sick and tired of just working so hard at it, that's why I'm changing to implement PB so I don't have to count calories or keep track and so I am not hungry all the time. It gets pretty boring eating plain chicken or plain meat, the meals on the PB are fantastic.

I'm starting to feel hungry again but think I will just have a herbal tea to tie me over.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    You barely ate anything really, for saying your eating like a pig. At 110lbs for a 5'6" female and wanting to lose 2 lbs is a red flag for me. Did you come from the low fat starvation diet previously?
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Sasuke is offline Junior Member
    Did you do your training before or after breakfast?

in general (for my self) I do not eat before my training session
    I have my post wo (wehey and rapid carbs) and between 45 minuts after the session I have a meal with some medium GI carbs and meat (or eggs) and olive oil.
    I also limitate/eliminate diary products (milk first of all) from my diet...and I feel really better.
    finally I don't mix different protein source, just for facilitate the digestion.

bye
    (sorry for my english)
    Last edited by Sasuke; 10-13-2010 at 07:39 AM.

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    Im the same actually
    i dont eat before my morning workout
    but i eat a carby PWO meal after for example:
    4 eggs and slow cooked pumpkin today with lashings of coconut milk
    dont undereat what ever you do though...
    you'll fall into sickness like i did and hit alot of problems.
    Are you taking any suppliments like multi vits or fish oil? =]

Did you do your training before or after breakfast?

in general (for my self) I do not eat before my training session
    I have my post wo (wehey and rapid carbs) and between 45 minuts after the session I have a meal with some medium GI carbs and meat (or eggs) and olive oil.
    I also limitate/eliminate diary products (milk first of all) from my diet...and I feel really better.
    finally I don't mix different protein source, just for facilitate the digestion.

bye
    (sorry for my english)
    theres nothing wrong with your english =D

Thanks Chefgerry, I have always been low fat having oatmeal with egg whites for brekky, low fat cottage cheese with protein powder for morning tea, chicken and salad for lunch, protein shake with water for afternoon tea and then some sort of bland protein and steamed veg for dinner, so I guess, yes, but then I would always be hungry and fear eating anymore as I carry most of my weight on my thighs and tummy and it doesn't matter how much I exercise I can't seem to tone those stubborn areas, however after just returning from holiday I am realising maybe I should just stop trying so hard, hence why I like the idea of primal blueprint.

Sasuke, I trained after breakfast. I get up super early as I have 2 young boys so I always eat if I'm hungry, if I wasn't hungry I would probably wait until after training. I kinda got to get to the gym when I can and as it was hubby got up and had an appointment so I went before he went out so he could watch the kids.

Glad for your input though as it looks like I am being to hard on myself.

Hi FergalJennings, I am taking fish oil, 4 caps usually in the evening and I also like to take a teaspoon of greens in some water in the morning.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahz View Post
    Anyhow I have been super hungry so today looks like this:
    Breakfast 6.30am: 2 large mushrooms cooked in coconut oil with 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil and 3 cherry tomatoes.
    Mid morning: berries with a little yoghurt and some nuts and shredded coconut sprinkled on top
    Lunch: 2 boiled eggs on a mixed salad with some fetta
    Afternoon 1 cappucino
    Dinner: 2 sausages with leftover veg from a casserole and a little roast pumpkin roasted in coconut oil.
    I don't think thats too much or even allot. Your whole days food sounds like one good meal to meal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast