Thread: Halloween Candy: No harm in looking! page

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Halloween Candy: No harm in looking!

Shop Now
    So today I'm at Michael's Crafts, and I saw the cutest little bundle of lollypops: a mummy head, a Frankenstein's monster head, a witch hat, and two anthropomorphized candy corns with little smiley faces, all tied up with a purple bow for a mere $1.49! And I bought them.

Don't freak...I'm not planning to eat them; they probably taste like cardboard soaked in sugar. I've got a whole bunch of cool looking Halloween candy on my mantelpiece. I just like the way they look. And really, isn't that a large part of why people buy so much crap, because the packaging is so enticing? Why don't you give this a try...decorate with them, and see if it takes away your craving to eat them. Works for me.

I haven't taken a photo of my new lollypops yet, but there are some pictures of my other candies (and other decorations) on my blog. Scroll to the entries on Oct. 6 and Sept 30:

http://dragonmamma-dragoncave.blogspot.com/

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Very cute decorations!

I remember one of my friends had a pillar candle in a jar/vase surrounded by candy for Christmas. Hmm... I could just get a plain white candle and switch out the candies as the seasons change. Candy corn for Halloween, red and green starlight mints for Christmas, conversation hearts for Valentine's Day, jelly beans for Easter, etc...
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Well, think of it this way... the ingredients in that candy... now that's scary!

For sure. You should have seen the non-nutritional labels. Definitely NOT real food! I'm kind of surprised that food like this makes people fat. Seems like the digestive tract should say "WTF is this sludge coming through?" and would just poop it out as quickly as possible!

TinaC is offline Senior Member
    A cute idea but I couldn't have them around, I would definitely eat them.